|Program:||Fallon Tribal Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS-11|
|Supervisor:||Dentist||Salary Range:||$18.26 – $21.81|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The incumbent performs a wide variety of advanced duties to facilitate clinic functions in general dentistry, including chair-side assistance in all phases of restorative, prosthodontics, surgical endodontic and periodontics treatment; performs prophylaxis and range of reversible intro-oral procedures under the direction of the dentist; and provides assistance in clinic management, e.g. appointment control, supply inventory, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties, and assist the dentist chair-side during examination and treatment of patients.
- Make patients as comfortable as possible in the dental chair, prepare them for treatment, and obtain their dental records.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment, prepare instruments for dental procedures, instruct patients on pre- and post-operative procedures and provide oral health education.
- Prepare materials for impressions and restorations, take dental x-rays, and process x-ray film as directed by a dentist.
- Assist with office duties, schedule and confirm appointments, receive patients, keep treatment records, monitor daily supplies for restocking.
- Reviews patient’s medical history, medications and proper patient identifiers.
- Has operatory set up and ready for procedure when patient arrives.
- Assists the dentist during a variety of operative treatment procedures, prepares instruments and materials for the dentist and keep patients’ mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
- Helps patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
- Helps provide direct patient care in all dental services, including restorative, orthodontics, pediatric, endodontic, periodontics, prosthodontics and oral surgery.
- Performs blood pressure test as directed by the provider.
- Exposes and develops dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Places sealants as directed by the provider
- Places and removes rubber dam as directed by provider
- Removes sutures as directed by the provider
- Follows infection control protocol by preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment.
- Makes impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts (models of teeth). Pouring, separating and trimming model. Proper identification for model.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have (CDA) Certified Dental Assistant Certificate.
- Must have at least two (2) years dental experience in a dental work environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES COMPLIANCE WITH THE INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION ACT PUBLIC LAW 101-630; 25 CODE of FEDERAL REGULATIONS PART 63 – INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION; CRIME CONTROL ACT OF 1990, EMPLOYEE BACKGROUND CHECKS; and EXECUTIVE ORDER 12968, ADJUDICATIVE GUIDELINES AND THEREFORE MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE START EMPLOYMENT.
- This position requires that the candidate be a mandated reporter.
- Be able to have and maintain CPR certification within six (6) months.
- Knowledge of dental anatomy, related oral anatomy, the technical methods and practices of dentistry, the working characteristics of dental instruments and materials sufficient to perform a variety of intra-oral procedures including restoration of teeth prepared by the dentist.
- Knowledge of and ability to recognize common dental disorders and conditions such as tooth decay and inflamed tissue sufficient to perform intra-oral procedures that treat these conditions as directed by the dentist.
- The incumbent must be tactful and amiable to contacts with employees, patients and other members of the public such as school personnel; must be able to follow specific instructions, written or oral, given by the dentist or hygienist; and must have knowledge of all dental procedures, common to general practice and the specific instruments and order of their use in carrying out these procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable of the HIPAA law and the Privacy Act and be able to maintain confidentiality of records.
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/ TO APPLY.
POSITION CLOSES ON JULY 22, 2021 AT 5:00 P.M.