|Program:||Fallon Tribal Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 9|
|Supervisor:||Associate Director-Business Services||Salary Range:||$16.23-$19.38|
|FLSA Status:||X Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Full Time|
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/ TO APPLY.
Serves as a patient/client’s primary point of contact with the Fallon Tribal Health Center (FTHC) for handling appointment requests, scheduling appointments, making reminder and follow-up calls to patients and providing accurate information to patients/clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Answer incoming phone calls to the patient scheduling line and transferred calls, as well as making outbound phone calls, gathering information to route appropriately.
2. Schedule appointments (initial, follow-up, walk-in) via phone or via electronic correspondence for all medical/healthcare providers and services within the main FTHC facility.
3. Schedules patients/clients based on issues such as rooms and time commitments needed; provider schedules; type of procedure or visit.
4. Ensures there is enough time between appointments to allow physicians to complete certain medical examinations and procedures
5. Cancel and reschedule appointments; promptly notify appropriate personnel of cancellations.
6. Clearly document patient requests that require follow-up from the FTHC personnel and route those requests appropriately.
7. Calling patients and arranging appointments for patients who have been discharged from the hospital after an inpatient stay and/or patients who have been in an emergency room (upon notification to the FTHC); and patients who have missed medically necessary visits.
8. Provide appointment reminders through phone, text, or email.
9. Other job duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1. High school diploma or equivalent with a preference for Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a business, healthcare, or related field.
2. One (1) year of previous experience working in an office or customer service environment with a preference for prior experience working in a healthcare setting, scheduling patients, and/or coordinating multiple activities in an office setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
(To perform this position, an individual must be able to perform the requirements listed below which are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
· Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and FTHC policies.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making
· Ability to communicate clearly
· Ability to plan, be organized, and work well under pressure, take initiative, and be flexible
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and company records.
· Ability to exhibit good interpersonal communications skills
· Demonstrated proficiency in various PC applications, including E-mail, Microsoft Excel, and Word, Internet and networking
· Demonstrated ability to learn EHR and follow instructions in that system
Job Type: Full-time