|Program:||Administration||Salary Grade:||GS – 10|
|Supervisor:||Secretary of the Fallon Business Council||Salary Range:||$17.22-$20.56|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Secretary’s Administrative Assistant is under the direct supervision of the Secretary of the Fallon Business Council. This is a full-time position that provides part-time administrative support to the Secretary, and general assistance to the members of the Fallon Business Council. This is not an entry-level position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Greets, , and assists tribal/community members and outside organization visitors and directs to the appropriate department and /or provides resources.
2. Attends regular council meetings to take notes and completes meeting minutes.
3. Types and files correspondence, memos, reports, statistical data, and other documents in proper format.
4. Provides and maintains all communication and correspondence in a manner that is clear and concise. Ability to retrieve documents in a timely manner.
5. Maintains absolute confidentiality, discretion and security of proprietary files, materials and record-keeping systems.
6. Posts official announcements.
7. Collaborates and communicates with various departments and staff as necessary.
8. Performs complex clerical tasks.
9. Proofreads and edits all documents and public notices for grammatical/spelling correctness.
10. Restocks supplies and prepares purchase orders, check requests, and credit card forms.
11. Arranges complex travel itineraries.
12. Maintains Council’s calendar, scheduling appointments and/or meetings as needed.
13. Provides assistance with program and community outreach and notifications.
14. Works independently and makes decisions as necessary when supervisor is out of the office.
15. Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
16. Works diplomatically and effectively with management, staff and the public utilizing sound judgement.
17. Ensures company policies and procedures are followed.
18. Other job duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Associates Degree preferred with two years professional experience in an administrative or clerical field.
2. Minimum of high school diploma or GED equivalent with four years of professional experience in an administrative or clerical field.
3. Must have knowledge and experience in general office procedures.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
1. Must have competent verbal and written communications skills.
2. Must be competent in the Microsoft Office Suite of programs or other similar software.
3. Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control and adapt to stressful situation.
4. Ability to maintain a professional demeanor especially in difficult situations.
5. Must be able to multi-task work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record; Employees must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, must also provide a DMV printout annually for those employees who drive Tribal vehicles.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; this position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.
Job Type: Full-time
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT?
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL 10/18/2023