|Program:||Finance Department||Salary Grade:||GS – 13|
|Supervisor:||Comptroller/ Finance Director||Salary Range:||$20.56 – 24,55|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
Under the general direction performs para professionals and technical work involved in executing and supporting accounting and financial management work; performs other related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees and coordinates assigned accounting and financial management activities.
- Established procedures and forms and develops and maintains procedural manuals.
- Reviews work to ensure compliance with policy, standard and established procedures and accounting practices.
- Coordinates and performs related statistical and clerical work.
- Performs a variety of accounting and financial management activities including;
- Setting up, closing and reconciling accounts, ledgers, registers and journals
- Reconciling and balancing fund accounts.
- Preparing closing entries for accounting transactions.
- Performing audit testing in accordance with established guidelines.
- Verifying encumbrances
- Approving and posting payments
- Authorizing expenditures from assigned funds
- Conducting audits
- Researching discrepancies
- Performing account analysis to ensure conformance with existing standards and procedures.
- Researches and prepares a variety of financial and statistical statements, reports and logs.
- Prepares internal cash flow statements, expenditure and reports and projections
- Provides work sheets and statistical reports
- Prepares bank reconciliation and financial statements
- Establishes and maintains various records and complex record keeping systems, involving specialized technical computer applications.
- Operates a variety of office machines and equipment.
- Performs technical staff work pertaining to the operation and maintenance of specialized equipment and software applications.
- Provides technical information and instruction regarding applicable procedures and methods.
- May conduct or coordinate in-servicing training.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable laws and procedures
- Develops and prepares budget projections and modifications; assists in monitoring and administering budgets.
- Under general supervision performs a variety of routine clerical accounting work
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent supplemented by specialized training and education in accounting and financial management, two (2) year degree preferred in business accounting, financial management
- Three (3) years of responsible and difficult bookkeeping or statistical record keeping experience, and advanced level computerized accounting and financial management systems work, at least one of which shall have been directly related to assigned areas of specialization, preferably with a municipal government or public agency.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Knowledge of the basic principles, and terminology of general fund and government accounting.
- General principles of accounting and auditing
- Principles and practices of business and accounting data processing and of automated financial/accounting systems, particularly related to the processing of accounting information and interpretation of other input/output documents.
- Designated computer applications and software including spreadsheets.
- Ability to effectively perform assigned paraprofessional and technical accounting and financial management work.
- Oversee and coordinate assigned accounting and financial management activities.
- Provides specialized paraprofessional and technical information and instruction
- Perform technical and statistical work with speed and accuracy
- Operate a variety of modern office equipment including calculators and computers.
- Maintain and utilize designated specialized computer software and operating systems
- Interpret and apply established policies and governmental guidelines and regulations
- Establish and maintain accurate records and record keeping systems
- Interpret and analyze information
- Prepare complex computerized financial and statistical reports.
- Maintain level of knowledge required for satisfactory job performance
- Communicate effectively
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public.
- Provide lead direction and training to assigned staff.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.