|Program:||Land & Water Resources||Salary Grade:||GS – 5|
|Supervisor:||Land & Water Resources Director||Salary Range:||$12.81 – $15.30|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
Agriculture Laborer primarily works on individual agricultural farms within and outside the boundaries of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Reservation/Colony/Tribal lands and properties. Specific duties include planting, maintaining, and harvesting crops, and maintaining and repairing farm equipment he/she operates. Will also assist in the irrigation process and have knowledge of irrigation process; be willing to work day or night and at times be “on-call”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Submit water orders according to approved Truckee-Carson Irrigation District serial number, lateral and takeout numbers, allowed allocation, and maintains record of irrigation time and cubic feet per second
- Assist Agriculture Foreman with planting and harvesting crops, irrigating farm soil and maintaining irrigation ditches and boxes.
- Maintain or repair heavy duty equipment and machinery, including various farm equipment
- Complete work orders submitted to the Land & Water Resources Director, as approved and directed by the Tribal Resource Manager or Agriculture Foreman
- Account/report to Land & Water Resources Director all hours worked and/or miles of operation, use of petroleum, oil and lubricants by vehicle and/or piece of equipment
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor, including general farm labor duties, cleaning, weed control, burning, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Position requires skills and experience in farming, harvesting, and flood irrigation, and equipment operation
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to operate and maintain a vehicle
- Must be able to effectively service, repair, and maintain equipment using hand and some power tools
- Must be willing to work long hours and/or a varying schedule, not to exceed 40 hours per week
- This position works outdoors and may be on a single farm, alone or with other workers
- Provides own food, water, clothing, gloves, hat and working tools to fix breakdowns on baler and/or other tools as needed
- Must be able to work hard, yet safely day or night
- Able to lift and move approximately 100-pound bales of hay on a routine basis
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record; Employees must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, must also provide a DMV printout annually for those employees who drive Tribal vehicles.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; this position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.