|Program:||Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 5|
|Supervisor:||Substance Abuse Mental Health Director||Salary Range:||$12.81 – $15.30|
|FLSA Status:||Non- Exempt||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Behavioral Health Assistant provides administrative and program support to the Mental Health and Substance Abuse Program. This position assists behavioral health patients for behavioral health programs, which includes mental health, psychiatric clinic, substance abuse programs and recovery support. This position acts as the triage assistant for the behavioral health program. All behavioral health referrals and appointments flow through the behavioral health assistant. The behavioral health assistant provides efficient, helpful information for the patients and the clinical staff with accepted professional standards and practices. The behavioral health assistant is responsible for telephone inquiries, patient scheduling, and effective flow of patients to and from the clinical areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer phone calls, take messages, makes appointments, check in patients and refer to appropriate provider
- Greets and responds to patient inquiries in a courteous manner
- Explains behavioral health program services to the patients and answers questions regarding the program
- Contacts patients primary provider if problems or emergency situations arise
- Prepare and mail appointment confirmation letters to all patients
- Call patients the day before their scheduled appointment to remind them of their appointment and schedule transportation if necessary
- Call patients who are on the standby list if cancellation occurs, in a timely manner
- Assist providers with setting up files
- Obtain and make available educational information for patients and others regarding substance abuse treatment and prevention, co-occurring disorders, and mail out on request
- Assist patients with treatment forms and consents
- Assist providers with administration of screening and assessment instruments
- Assist providers with preparation of client progress reports, and send or fax to appropriate agencies
- Establish and maintain record keeping and filing system
- Maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of patient information
- Prepares various documents such as brochures and event flyers, etc.
- Maintain office equipment, work with Procurement Officer to order supplies and obtain purchase orders
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of behavioral health programs.
- Understanding of and ability to work with American Indians with knowledge and ability for cultural sensitivity for population served.
- Should have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Deal effectively with individuals or groups representing wide points of view and temperament and have the ability to communicate with others (in high risk or crisis environment) effectively, both orally and in writing, in working out solutions to problems or questions related to the work.
- Be flexible, have the ability to adjust to change, work pressure, or difficult situations.
- Be computer literate, have knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs, and be able to demonstrate efficiency in Indian Health Service programs (RPMS).
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate shall have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have at least two (2) years of higher education (college).
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; this position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.
Closing Date 1/5/2022