|Program:||Administration||Salary Grade:||GS – 3|
|Supervisor:||Tribal Administrator||Salary Range:||$11.38 – $13.59|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Administration Receptionist is responsible for general receptionist and administrative office support functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets, directs and otherwise assists visitors
- Answers and directs incoming telephone calls
- Lends clerical support to the Tribal staff as needed
- Receives and distributes telephonic facsimiles (faxes)
- Sorts, logs and distributes incoming U.S. Mail
- Gathers and dispatches outgoing U.S. Mail
- Maintains scheduling-board for the Conference Room / Council Chambers
- Posts the agenda and other official announcements
- Maintains Administration Personnel in/out board
- Completes the Application for Privilege Tax Exemption, as requested
- Assists with developing purchase orders for office stationary, equipment or services
- Ensures that supplies are readily available when needed, such as copier paper, fax machine paper and timecards, monitors copy machines for jams, paper and other operational problems
- Contacts vendors for various office machines as the need arises
- Initiates monthly payment for the copier service and the postage machine
- Type’s correspondence as other duties permit
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must maintain a professional appearance
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with two (2) or more years as a receptionist, front desk or clerical/secretarial experience
- Excellent customer service skills
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record; Employees must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, must also provide a DMV printout annually for those employees who drive Tribal vehicles.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; this position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.