|Program:||Stepping Stones Youth Facility||Salary Grade:||GS – 12|
|Supervisor:||Stepping Stones Director||Salary Range:||$18.28-$21.83|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Case Manager shall assess the needs of youth and coordinate appropriate services including but not limited to education, employment, social behavior, counseling, health care and promoting a safe and healthy environment by introducing self-help skills. Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a caseload of up to ten (10) co-ed in-house residents ages 4-18
- Develop individual plans for each client based on treatment goals, client behaviors, client goals, social services case plans, education, life skills assessments or other identified sources.
- To carefully understand, evaluate and track the needs of the clientele by scrutinizing their background history, understand their current needs, and arrange for their well-being.
- Keep proper records of all the work that he or she is doing. This involves records of meetings held with the clients, service providers, details of the referrals that were issued, the plans and goals that were outlined and provide follow up to ensure a positive outcome.
- Ensure that intake packets and files are complete with all required documents.
- Provide client reports, documentation and placement recommendations to social services workers, medical professionals, court and/or other designated agencies.
- Meet with Stepping Stones staff to monitor client progress, update client goals, follow up with effectiveness of staff interventions and provide possible alternative methods for assisting youth.
- Attend Child Protection Team, Multidisciplinary Team and other such meetings for appropriate recommendations when needed.
- Coordinate with appropriate school officials to enroll client and monitor educational goals. This position will participate in IEP meetings, parent/teacher conferences, credit recovery, and any other necessary meeting regarding client’s education endeavors.
- Provide weekly individual instruction and guidance to clients and focus on client’s current needs, behaviors and goals and make necessary adjustments.
- Assist and participate in the coordination of client visits, family meetings, family plans and other service plans as required.
- Coordinate client medical and counseling appointments with appropriate providers.
- Coordinate with Social Services to meet client goals and needs.
- Assist in the development of staff trainings.
- Participate in required trainings and meetings.
- Participate in the on-call rotation.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Shall have the ability to effectively work with at risk children, adolescents and teenagers.
- Shall have strong organizational, computer, writing, and speaking skills.
- Must have efficient reporting and documentation skills.
- Ability to work with adults and outside programs.
- Assessment and case management skills.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES COMPLIANCE WITH THE INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION ACT PUBLIC LAW 101-630; 25 CODE of FEDERAL REGULATIONS PART 63 – INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION; CRIME CONTROL ACT OF 1990, EMPLOYEE BACKGROUND CHECKS; and EXECUTIVE ORDER 12968, ADJUDICATIVE GUIDELINES AND THEREFORE MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE START EMPLOYMENT.
- This position requires that the candidate be a mandated reporter.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Prefer AA degree or two (2) years of college course work in a human services, child development, education, psychology or related field.
- Shall pass and maintain courses in CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens and Food Handlers trainings
- Must submit a driver’s record annually
- Must have a TB test done annually
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT TO APPLY.
POSITION CLOSES ON JULY 11, 2021 AT 5:00 PM.