|Program:||Administration||Salary Grade:||GS – 10|
|Supervisor:||Chairman of the Fallon Business Council||Salary Range:||$17.22 – $20.56|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Chairman’s Administrative Assistant is under the direct supervision of the Chairman of the Fallon Business Council. This is a full-time position that provides administrative support to the Chairman and general assistance to the members of the Fallon Business Council.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages Supervisor’s schedule, calendar, appointments and /or meetings
- Provides and maintains communication and correspondence as directed by Supervisor
- Types and files correspondence, memos, reports, statistical data, and other documents
- Greets, directs and otherwise assists visitors and clients
- Maintains absolute confidentiality, discretion and security of proprietary files, materials and recordkeeping systems
- Prepares various documents for the Chairman.
- Performs complex clerical tasks
- Proofreads and edits all documents and public notices for grammatical/spelling correctness
- Prepares purchase orders, supply orders, equipment orders, check requests, and credit card orders
- Arranges complex travel and itineraries for the Chairman including flights, lodging, etc.
- Manages, or assists the Chairman in managing the Chairman’s calendar, schedule, appointments and/or meetings
- Provides assistance with program and community outreach and notifications in print and electronic media
- Works independently and makes decisions as necessary within the scope of the work/project being accomplished
- Once trained, is a self-starter and sees projects from start to completion
- Assist at the Tribal Administration Reception Desk as necessary
- Assembles documents and materials for meeting agendas and information packets
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Manages the Housing Improvement Program and under the Chairman’s direction
- Works diplomatically and effectively with management, staff and public utilizing sound judgement
- Ensures company policies and procedures are followed
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Associates Degree preferred with two years professional experience in an administrative or clerical field
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED equivalent with four years professional experience in an administrative or clerical field
- Must have knowledge and experience of general office procedures.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Must have competent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be competent with computers
- Must be competent in the Microsoft Office Suite of programs or other similar software
- Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control and adapt to stressful situations
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor especially in difficult situations
- Must be able to multi-task, work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.
POSTING WILL BE OPEN FOR 10 DAYS