|Program:||Administration||Salary Grade:||GS – 9|
|Supervisor:||Tribal Chairman||Salary Range:||$16.23 – 19.38|
|FLSA Status:||Non-Exempt||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Chairman’s Administrative Assistant is under the direct supervision of the Chairman of the Fallon Business Council. This is a full-time position that provides administrative support to the Chairman and general assistance to the members of the Fallon Business Council.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets, directs, and otherwise assists visitors and clients.
- Types and files correspondence, memos, reports, statistical data, and other documents, maintains all communications for the Chairman.
- Maintains files for the Chairman.
- Maintains absolute security of confidential files, materials and record-keeping systems.
- Edits written material for grammatical correctness.
- Prepares various documents for the Chairman.
- Performs complex clerical tasks.
- Prepares purchase orders, supply orders, equipment orders, check requests, and credit card orders.
- Arranges complex travel and itineraries for the Chairman and Council members including flights,
- Manages, or assists the Chairman in managing the Chairman’s calendar, schedule, appointments and/or meetings.
- Assist at the Tribal Administration Reception Desk.
- Schedule meetings and appointments.
- Post agendas and other official announcements.
- Assemble documents and materials for meeting agendas and packets.
- Works independently.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Manages the Housing Improvement Program and under the Chairman’s direction.
- Works diplomatically and effectively with management, staff and the public.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have an Associate’s Degree or two (2) years college credits in an office management or business related field, and two (2) years professional work experience in an administrative or clerical field; or four (4) years professional experience in an administrative or clerical field.
- Must have knowledge and experience of general office procedures.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Must have competent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be competent with computers and able to type 45 wpm
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.
Closing Date: 12/21/2021