|Program:||Fallon Tribal Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 6|
|Supervisor:||CHR Supervisor||Salary Range:||$13.59 – $16.23|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Choose an item.|
Responsible for providing health care transports to patients, accompanying them to medical appointments, when not transporting, serves as a Community Health Representative (CHR) for the Fallon Tribal Health Clinic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the patients care and information.
- Transports health center clients in a safe and friendly manner.
- Provide health care/transport patients, should an emergency arise.
- Accompany patients to medical appointments, clinic visits or Health Facilities as needed.
- Assist with arranging medical appointments and transportation.
- Serve as liaison between the people in the community, and clinic staff.
- Maintain appropriate, accurate travel records. (daily and monthly)
- Prepare and submit daily encounter record to the CHR supervisor.
- Prepare and submit a monthly narrative report to the CHR supervisor.
- Meet with the CHR supervisor and Physician/Medical Director on a monthly basis to review client transport.
- Reports significant observations and events of transportation to CHR supervisor.
- Reports all vehicle maintenance needs, to the maintenance supervisor.
- Serves as a CHR when not transporting.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or GED certification.
- Must have current CPR and First Aid Certificate, or willing to be certified.
- Must take defensive driving, driver safety, ADA training and others as required.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Ability to work with Tribal Members on an individual or group basis.
- Must meet training requirements.
- Ability to maintain accurate client records.
- Knowledgeable of Privacy Act and able to maintain confidentiality of records.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference: Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference: Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record: Employees who drive tribal vehicles must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License, be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, and must also provide a DMV printout annually.
Background Checks: All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations: This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.
POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED