|Program:||Fallon Tribal Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 6|
|Supervisor:||Dentist||Salary Range:||$13.59 – $16.29|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Choose an item.|
The Dental Aide will provide efficient, helpful information for the patients and the dental staff within accepted professional standards and practices. The Dental Aide will be responsible for telephone inquiries, patient scheduling, sterilizing dental instruments, laboratory/radiology work, and effective flow of patients to and from the dental areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be first to answer all telephone calls in the Dental Office, take messages, make appointments and refer to appropriate individuals. Welcome visitors by greeting them in person or on the telephone.
- Schedule appointments for the Dental Office.
- Responsible for sign-in log for appointments, walk-ins, and follow up visits.
- Respond to patient inquiries in courteous manner.
- Assist in documenting patient contacts, tracking appointments and daily patient counts as directed.
- Provide a copy of the patient appointment list to Billing department daily.
- Receive routing slips from patients at end of clinic visit.
- Mixes and prepares the proper solutions, restorative materials, and/or medications for the procedures to be performed.
- Cleans and sterilizes dental instruments using an autoclave or cold sterilization technique.
- Performs laboratory work such as preparing impression material, pouring impressions, preparing models, making base plates, performing minor prosthetic repairs, trimming, and polishing prosthetics.
- Takes X-rays, processes, labels, and stores X-ray film.
- Takes inventory of dental instruments and supplies.
- Assist in set-up/breakdown of exam rooms with each visit.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ideal candidate shall have High School Diploma or GED certification
- Some knowledge of medical and dental terminology preferred.
- Experience in, operating computer work station, creating administrative documents and other office equipment is helpful.
- Must successfully take and pass the IHS Radiological Health and Safety Examination within the first 90 days of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Shall be organized and able to communicate effectively to the public and providers.
- Knowledge of Privacy Act and able to maintain dental information in a confidential manner.
- Working knowledge of receptionist and clerical work.
- Must be able to work with the public.
- Must demonstrate accuracy in spelling, grammar and typing at 30 WPM.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference: Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference: Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record: Employees who drive tribal vehicles must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License, be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, and must also provide a DMV printout annually.
Background Checks: All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations: This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.