|Program:||Fallon Tribal Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 10|
|Supervisor:||Dentist||Salary Range:||$17.22 – $20.56|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Choose an item.|
The incumbent performs a wide variety of duties to facilitate clinic functions in general dentistry, including chair-side assistance in all phases of restorative, prosthodontics, surgical endodontic and periodontics treatment; performs prophylaxis and range of reversible intro-oral procedures under the direction of the dentist; and provides assistance in clinic management, e.g. appointment control, supply inventory, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of the patient’s care and information.
- Ensures that the dental clinic is clean at all times that instruments are properly cleaned, packaged according to operations, sterilized and stored. Prepares the operatory including disinfecting, processing instruments/materials for the anticipated dental procedure.
- Receives patients and ascertains chief complaints, explains to patients what to do during treatment, provides chair-side health education in prevention of dental disease, and the care of prosthetic appliances, and dismisses patients with proper postoperative instructions.
- Obtains and records all patients’ identification information as directed by the dentist.
- Correctly exposes intra and extra-oral radiographs.
- Assists the dentist chair side in the performance of all surgical, periodontal, endodontic, prosthetic and restorative procedures fully anticipating the dentist’s need for various instruments, materials and services.
- Assists in monitoring of dental clinic: prepares and submits purchase orders to the Dentist for dental supplies.
- Follows up on referrals with outside dental care as requested by the Dental Hygienist or Dentist.
- Monitors dental equipment to ensure that they are in proper working condition and performs cleansing and maintenance of equipment.
- Oversees and meets the needs of the dental clinic in regards to the Dentist, Hygienist(s) and receptionist.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Graduate of Dental Assistant program is preferred.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES COMPLIANCE WITH THE INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION ACT PUBLIC LAW 101-630; 25 CODE of FEDERAL REGULATIONS PART 63 – INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION; CRIME CONTROL ACT OF 1990, EMPLOYEE BACKGROUND CHECKS; and EXECUTIVE ORDER 12968, ADJUDICATIVE GUIDELINES AND THEREFORE MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE START EMPLOYMENT.
- This position requires that the candidate be a mandated reporter.
- Be able to have and maintain CPR certification within six (6) months. Under general supervision performs a variety of routine clerical accounting work and performs other related work as required
- Knowledge of dental anatomy, related oral anatomy, the technical methods and practices of dentistry, the working characteristics of dental instruments and materials sufficient to perform a variety of intra-oral procedures including restoration of teeth prepared by the dentist.
- Knowledge of and ability to recognize common dental disorders and conditions such as tooth decay and inflamed tissue sufficient to perform intra-oral procedures that treat these conditions as directed by the dentist.
- The incumbent must be tactful and amiable to contacts with employees, patients and other members of the public such as school personnel; must be able to follow specific instructions, written or oral, given by the dentist or hygienist; and must have knowledge of all dental procedures, common to general practice and the specific instruments and order of their use in carrying out these procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable of the HIPAA law and the Privacy Act and be able to maintain confidentiality of records.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference: Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference: Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record: Employees who drive tribal vehicles must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License, be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, and must also provide a DMV printout annually.
Background Checks: All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations: This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.
POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL EITHER IT IS OR THE DENTAL ASSISTANT II IS FILLED.