PROGRAM: Fallon Tribal Health Center GRADE: GS-18
SUPERVISOR: Associate Director – Business Services RANGE: $27.63 – $32.99 (hourly)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety TYPE: Regular Full-Time
Responsible for performing and initiating all activities in support of environmental health and safety initiatives, new employee safety orientation; ensuring effective and efficient compliance with local, state and federal regulations and agencies; managing safety processes to protect employees, company, the environment, and provide a safe and healthy work place; and ensuring the maintenance of an aseptic, safe, and attractive environment within Fallon Tribal Health Center (FTHC) facilities to ensure adherence to established federal, state, tribal, and accreditation sanitary, infection prevention, and safety procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continually improve, evaluate, implement and maintain health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to protect employees and comply with company, state, federal and local regulations.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and conduct safety, orientation and quality training. Identify, further develop and deliver training programs in a manner that raises employee’s awareness and enables employees and supervisors to work safely.
- Maintain relevant environmental, health, and safety (EHS) logs and documentation.
- Develop and administer facility safety and environmental initiatives and lead continuous improvement efforts in those areas, utilizing effective communication skills
- Ensures daily, weekly, monthly and annual inspections and audits are completed as necessary to comply with tribal, state and federal regulations.
- Ensures compliance of regulatory requirements (IHS, OSHA, CDC, EPA, etc.) including tribal EHS policies and procedures.
- Oversee hazardous waste storage area, waste reduction monitoring and ensure regulatory agency compliance, labeling, containments, proper disposal and documentation.
- Require all new materials and supply orders to include Safety Data Sheets (SDS) to evaluate new raw materials for facility use considering safety and regulatory factors.
- Evaluate workplace incident investigations to include responding to and reporting all incidents, incident investigations, determine root cause, establishing recurrence prevention plans, and follow through.
- Schedule shifts and arranges replacements for absences and oversees staff on a daily basis. Participate in large cleaning/maintenance projects are required.
- Monitor and replenish cleaning products, maintenance products and tools as needed.
- Conduct random unannounced inspections to ensure EVS staff are following cleanliness, tidiness, and hygiene and safety standards.
- Complete regular inspections on all FTHC facilities and document all safety, housekeeping, grounds keeping, and maintenance deficiencies.
- Oversee and coordinate the work of staff and/or contractors who maintain and repair electrical, plumbing, ventilation and other building systems.
- As needed assists EVS staff with the following:
- Cleaning all FTHC facilities including sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, waxing floors, vacuuming, dusting, washing windows, disposes of trash, disinfect all surfaces including toilets, sinks, refill paper products, etc.
- Performing various skilled and semiskilled maintenance tasks, replacing light fixtures, outlet receptacles, light switches, HVAC motors/pumps, controls boards, ballasts, plumbing fixture, domestic water line repairs, etc. and
- Performing preventative maintenance task on FTHC buildings and equipment including vehicles, small motor equipment and tools, etc.
- Removal of snow and ice from all walkways, garage doors, parking lots, roof systems, using various items such as snow blowers, roof rakes, snow shovels, tractors, etc.
- Various grounds keeping tasks such as mowing, trimming, filling low graded areas, replacing mulch, flowers, etc.
- Perform technical writing, standard operating procedures (SOP) creation as required and keep updated of safety and environmental regulation changes that affect the organization.
- Recommends obtaining necessary outside services as required, such as carpet and furniture cleaning, window washing, etc. Prepares work orders for repair or maintenance services for equipment and buildings.
- Other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Science for Skilled Trades (HVAC/Refrigeration/Construction) preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years of experience in any combination of maintenance & repairs and/or construction including the repair of buildings, grounds, and associated equipment for commercial and residential properties required. Two years of supervisory experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
(To perform this position, an individual must be able to perform the requirements listed below which are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Knowledge of HIPAA, IHS, OSHA, NIOSH, CDC, EPA, and other federal/state regulatory agencies.
- Materials, equipment, and chemicals used in cleaning work.
- Proper use and storage of chemicals.
- Safe work practice and industry safety standards, techniques and procedures.
- Multiple waste streams to ensure regulatory guidelines are met
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Using initiative and independent judgment.
- Effective leadership and customer service to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee and external customer satisfaction.
- Effective skills in organization, planning, prioritizing and time management.
- Promoting a customer service focus in forging cooperative public relations.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and FTHC policies.
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively at all levels with a variety of organizational entities and personnel across disciplines, clinical departments, and outpatient settings.
- Accept input of supervisors and co-workers as well as provide input and be a genuine team player.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with public officials, contractors, departmental employees and the general public.
- Long periods of standing, walking, bending, and/or stooping to inspect FTHC facilities.
- Work in confined spaces and on slippery and uneven surfaces.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to grasp, hold objects/tools with full range of motion in wrist and arms.
- Performing physical labor including lifting of objects above 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to perform minor mechanical tasks.
- Outdoor conditions are subject to temperature variations; may include wind, rain, and other elements.
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/ TO APPLY.
POSITION CLOSES ON OCTOBER 14, 2021 AT 5:00 P.M.