PROGRAM: Fallon Tribal Health Center GRADE: GS-6 (EVS Tech I)
GS-11 (EVS Tech II)
SUPERVISOR: Environmental Services (EVS) Manager RANGE: $12.82 – $15.31 (EVS Tech I)
$17.23 – $20.57 (EVS Tech II)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety TYPE: Regular Full-Time
This position ensures the maintenance of an aseptic, safe, and attractive environment within the various facilities of the Fallon Tribal Health Center (FTHC) to ensure adherence to established federal, state, tribal, and accreditation agency sanitary, infection prevention, and safety procedures.
- EVS Technician I: This position is the entry level classification in the EVS Technician series. This position is distinguished from the EVS Technician II by the performance of the more routine tasks and duties assigned to positions within this series. Positions in this classification perform a full range of cleaning and facility maintenance tasks, and also maintain required supplies and equipment. Positions in this classification frequently work alone at various FTHC locations.
- EVS Technician II: This is the full journey level classification in the EVS Technician. This position is distinguished from the EVS Technician I by the assignment of the full range of duties and responsibilities. Employees at this level receive only general direction or assistance as new or unusual situation arise and are fully aware of operating procedures and policies. Incumbents must work independently and possess the ability to prioritize assignments in an effective and productive manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs light maintenance and housekeeping duties to ensure clean, safe and secure facilities.
- Performs routine maintenance/cleaning functions including, but not limited to, dusting/polishing woodwork, furniture and equipment; washing windows, walls and restrooms; emptying and cleaning wastebaskets and other receptacles; replenishing sanitary supplies; replacing interior/exterior lights, and cleaning blind and other window coverings.
- Carried out assigned duties in areas related to infection control; to include sanitation procedures and wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Provides grounds keeping duties including mowing grass, removing weeds, shoveling snow, etc.
- Performs routine cleaning of patient rooms, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, rest rooms, corridors, and other rooms in a clean, neat and sanitary manner.
- Performs isolation and infection control cleaning as assigned.
- Transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal areas.
- Maintains flooring throughout the FTHC facilities by vacuuming and spot cleaning carpet, or mopping and waxing floors.
- Washes ceilings, walls, lights, windows, fixtures, mirrors, and vents.
- Sets up conference and meeting rooms for various events and ensuring that appropriate and necessary supplies are on hand.
- Moves and adjusts furniture and healthcare equipment/machines.
- Maintain inventories of supplies and materials used at various FTHC facilities.
- Other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
EVS Technician II – additional duties to those listed above:
- Performs minor repairs on equipment used including vacuums, strippers, buffers and carpet shampooers.
- Performs minor repairs on all FTHC facilities, involving doors, trim, office furniture, etc.]
- Provides maintenance services to all FTHC facilities, directly or indirectly, including new construction and/or rehabilitation of facilities, as well as general preventative and cyclical maintenance to all FTHC physical structures.
- Provides mechanical system services to utilities, roads, walk ways, and parking areas.
- Performs a variety of automotive/equipment repair functions on various vehicles or pieces of equipment and operates equipment such as field type gasoline or diesel-powered tractors/mowers, and passenger vehicles and/or trucks.
- Assists in making repairs and operating hand tools and power tools.
EVS Technician I:
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Six (6) months of housekeeping, custodial, and/or maintenance experience with preference to prior work with a healthcare or medical facility.
EVS Technician II:
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Certified Health Care Environmental Services Technician (CHEST) desired/preferred.
- Three (3) years recent, full-time experience in a housekeeping, custodial, and/or maintenance position with at least one (1) years in a healthcare/medical facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
(To perform this position, an individual must be able to perform the requirements listed below which are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Principles/methods used in the cleaning and custodial maintenance of variety of surfaces.
- Materials, equipment, and chemicals used in cleaning work.
- Proper use and storage of chemicals.
- Safe work practice and industry safety standards, techniques and procedures.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Using initiative and independent judgment.
- Safely operating cleaning equipment and tools.
- Promoting a customer service focus in forging cooperative public relations.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and FTHC policies.
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Use various custodial equipment and supplies.
- Lift and carry 50 lbs. alone, up to 75 lbs. with assistance.
- Accept input of supervisors and co-workers as well as provide input and be a genuine team player.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with employees and the general public.
- Long periods of standing, walking, bending, and/or stooping to inspect all FTHC facilities.
- Work in confined spaces and on slippery and uneven surfaces.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to grasp, hold objects/tools with full range of motion in wrist and arms.
- Performing physical labor including lifting of objects above 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to perform minor mechanical tasks.
- Outdoor conditions are subject to temperature variations; may include wind, rain, and other elements.
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYEMNT/ TO APPLY.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.