|Program:||Environmental Department||Salary Grade:||GS – 3|
|Supervisor:||Environmental Manager||Salary Range:||$11.38 – $13.59|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Part-Time|
This position will provide administrative and program assistance to the Environmental Protection Department. The incumbent will perform specific objectives and work plan activities as directed in compliance with environmental programs administered by the Fallon Tribe.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and maintain grant and contract files
- Assist in monitoring program budget
- Set up and maintain personnel, vendor and other files
- Work with Environmental Program Director in the development of environmental outreach materials and maintain records
- Provide administrative support for the Environmental Protection Director
- Operate various office equipment, such as fax machine, computer systems, copy machine, etc.
- Assist with investigations of complaints concerning environmental programs and negative environmental situations on the reservation
- Work with tribal consultants, Environmental Protection Staff and the Tribal Emergency Response Commission (TERC) with various objectives and tasks.
- Conduct a weekly community and departmental recycling materials pick-up program.
- Attend environmental trainings to enhance the program knowledge.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have education and experience which would indicate the ability to perform the duties as described above
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Knowledge of computer software programs and familiarity with the Internet is desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are needed
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; this position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.
Emergency Hire (Temporary 45 days)
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.