|Program:||Fallon Tribal Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 20|
|Supervisor:||Substance Abuse Mental Health Director||Salary Range:||$31.09 – $37.13|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Choose an item.|
The Family Therapist, dually-licensed, shall conduct individual and family therapy, substance abuse and co-occurring disorders, screening, assessments, substance abuse and mental health education, maintain a professional office, maintain accurate records, and prepare reports for referring agencies and courts, as needed and requested. This position will be 1.0 FTE and under the supervision of the Director of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide family therapy and substance abuse counseling, and education regarding substance abuse and mental health
- Maintain accurate records of all sessions and activities
- Provide referrals to clients for medical, social, welfare, and psychological and/or psychiatric needs
- Write professional reports and assessment as required to the court and probation officials
- Participate in Child Protective Team, Tribal Advisory Committee, staff meetings and other community meetings, as requested
- Participate in Child and Family Team meetings
- Write monthly reports on all activities and submit to the Health Services Director
- Enter case encounters in the RPMS/EHR system.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Candidate must have knowledge and experience working in the behavioral health programs, understand and be able to work with American Indians with the knowledge and ability to address cultural sensitivity for the population served.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of Federal Laws regarding patient confidentiality and HIPAA.
- Must have proficient communication skills, verbal and written, and deal effectively with individuals, family members representing wide points of view and temperament.
- Must be computer literate and able to demonstrate ability in various Microsoft programs, and demonstrate efficiency in data processing programs for Tribal, Federal and State reporting.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Candidate must have a master’s degree in psychology, social work, or related field.
- Must be state-licensed as a marriage and family therapist (LMFT), social worker (LCSW) in addition to a licensed alcohol and drug counselor (LADC).
- Must have at least two (2) years’ experience in counseling field.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference: Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference: Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record: Employees who drive tribal vehicles must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License, be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, and must also provide a DMV printout annually.
Background Checks: All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations: This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.