|Program:||Housing Program||Salary Grade:||GS – 15|
|Supervisor:||Housing Director||Salary Range:||$21.83- $26.06|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Fiscal Manager for the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe (FPST) is responsible for the FPST Housing Authority’s financial office and functions. The Fiscal Manager will prepare, review and approve solicitations, negotiate contracts and manage the procurement process for a wide variety of products and services. Maintains relationships with vendors or suppliers and negotiates contracts for major purchases. The Fiscal Manager will ensure all procurement transactions meet ethical standards and comply with applicable laws and regulations. It is required to have a strong attention to detail, excellent writing and proofreading skills and close coordination with other professional and technical staff as well as FPST leadership and staff, bidders, and vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides financial analysis for an assigned department.
- Prepare administrative and financial reports.
- Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, laws and regulations.
- Maintains a proper cash flow of federal, state, or private funding source draw downs. Assures compliance with regulations or other agreements, maintains cash disbursements journal and reconciliation for the Housing accounts.
- Assists in budget development including the processes of program/project planning, organizational development and administration.
- Serves as an internal consultant to FPST departments by advising them in the planning and organizing of their procurement activities, and specific procurement processes ad contract language to utilize in order to most effectively achieve the desired program results.
- Prepares all budget modifications and assures integration of these changes into the current year’s program budget.
- Monitor, track and reconcile grant funds, adjust journal entries as needed. Track and monitor federal matching funds.
- Track capital equipment and maintain files in accordance with federal regulations.
- Maintains consistent responses to internal customers, suppliers and related FPST departments.
- Processes requisitions to purchase orders, modifies purchase orders, processes change orders and reviews open encumbrance report.
- Receives and independently examines procurement requisitions.
- Oversees general ledger and assures that follow-up contact is established on all overdue accounts.
- Oversees and solicits building maintenance and renovation projects and procures goods and services for construction.
- Conducting cost analyses and setting benchmarks for improvements.
- Participate in annual Self-Assessment. Research, interpret, revise and create policies involving financial topics. Update Finance Procedure Manual.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Principles and practices of accounting and auditing.
- Methods and techniques of budget forecasting.
- Modern office procedures, methods and equipment including computers.
- Ability to extract and manipulate data used in analysis.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with ever-changing sense of urgency under limited supervision.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, Business Administration, or related field and three years’ experience in procurement and contracts required or High School Diploma with five (5) years of Fiscal Management experience.
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/ TO APPLY.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.