|Program:||Senior Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 4|
|Supervisor:||Senior Center Manager||Salary Range:||$11.39 – $13.60|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Part-Time|
The program’s Head Cook will be responsible for daily preparation or regular or special foods and meals for the elderly and guests. This position employs a full range of quality and individual cooking procedures from frequently used recipes to those, which are new and complex for regular meals nourishing and special feeding requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to prepare and plan meals utilizing a variety of cooking styles, including preparing traditional native foods
- Planning monthly menus, meeting USDA requirements, purchasing food within budget, receives and properly stores food and supply items; adjust number of meals prepared according to participation
- Supervise kitchen staff
- Assist with clean-up of kitchen and kitchen area after meals service
- Completion of daily, weekly, and monthly reports regarding: menus & meals served, meals delivered to homebound, collection of donations and etc.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects
- Knowledge of proper food handling and food storage
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES COMPLIANCE WITH THE INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION ACT PUBLIC LAW 101-630; 25 CODE of FEDERAL REGULATIONS PART 63 – INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION; CRIME CONTROL ACT OF 1990, EMPLOYEE BACKGROUND CHECKS; and EXECUTIVE ORDER 12968, ADJUDICATIVE GUIDELINES AND THEREFORE MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE START EMPLOYMENT.
- This position requires that the candidate be a mandated reporter.
- Must have a Food Handler’s certification or able to obtain within 60 days of date of hire
- Must be computer literate; able to plan a menu and meet USDA requirements
- Must have the ability to prepare and serve meals for up to 150 people per day, 5 meals per week
- Must be able to maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen
- Must be sensitive to the needs of our Tribal Elders
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with persons in the performance of the required duties
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/ TO APPLY.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.