|Program:||Fallon Tribal Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 9|
|Supervisor:||Associate Director – Business Services||Salary Range:||$16.23 – $19.38|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
This position is responsible for providing administrative support in a variety of settings such as within the Fallon Tribal Health Center and to members of the FTHC Management Team, as well as assisting in the planning and coordination of program and project related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In partnership with the FTHC Management, coordinate administrative aspects of the Health Center and its programs and projects including preparation of reports, researching issues and assisting in updating policies, procedures, manuals, and administrative tools.
- Prepares statistical and other special reports to complete work assignments.
- Schedules meetings, interviews, conferences and assists in special events, coordinates schedules and calendars of the Health Director and Associate Directors.
- Assist as necessary with the administrative and clerical functions at the Health Center, including but not limited to Patient Registration, Medical Records, Billing & Coding, Benefits, Purchased/Referred Care, and Clinical Services.
- Provide leadership support with management of calendars, maintenance of agendas, taking meeting minutes, and the coordination of activities and schedules of management and department teams.
- Compose and prepare correspondence, newsletters, presentations, social media posts, and additional materials as directed.
- Ensure departmental compliance with applicable policy and procedure requirements, including quality control monitoring of time sensitive processes and procedures.
- Performs record-keeping duties including the following: sorts, classifies, and files records, posts appropriate information onto data entry screens, checks and verifies data, performs routine computations, or creates simple queries.
- Provide customer service and assists patients/clients as needed.
- Provides back-up phone coverage for the Patient Scheduling Office during lunch breaks and/or for periods of absence.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills. Experience with word processing, database and spreadsheet software programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, department administrative staff, interdepartmental contacts and the general public.
- Ability to plan and organize the workflow in a busy office environment and be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing demands.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work under pressure.
- Resourceful in problem solving, initiative and good judgment
(To perform this position, an individual must be able to perform the requirements listed below which are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Management, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in an Administrative Assistant position or related position. Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe (FPST) and Native American/Indian Preference: Employment preferences to members of the FPST and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the FPST’s Personnel Policies. Individuals wishing to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference: Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the FPST’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The FPST does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace: The FPST is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug tests.
Driving Record: Employees who drive FPST vehicles must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License, be insurable under the FPST’s vehicle insurance program, and must also provide a DMV printout annually.
Background Checks: All employees must be able to pass a background check per the FPST’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations: This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change as the needs of the FPST and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.
POSITION WILL REMAIN POSTED UNTIL FILLED