|Program:||Housing Department||Salary Grade:||GS – 9|
|Supervisor:||Housing Director||Salary Range:||$15.31 – $18.28|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Housing Assistant Director is responsible for the coordination of daily activities between the Resident Services Department and tenants/home buyers in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Administrative Assistant adapts such policies and procedures to ensure that work is done with accuracy and completeness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiles and mails Notice of Delinquencies and prepares necessary documents including Mutual Equity Payment Account (MEPA) requests for Notice of Delinquencies
- Coordinates with the Housing Director and Resident Services Department in compiling all complaints for court and prepares all necessary documents for court hearings.
- Assesses and verifies all payments house/rent charges and late fees to tenant cards and verifies all tenant information on tenant cards on a weekly basis
- Assigns all new tenant/participant account numbers and keeps tenant information updated.
- Assists in the maintenance of tenant/participant files and maintains the waiting lists.
- Coordinates with the Resident Services Department with conveyance paperwork including resolutions, Deed, Assignment and Release, etc.
- Assists clients in filling out necessary housing applications and recertification paperwork.
- Assists in making payback agreements with tenants/participants regarding propane, rent, etc.
- Helps receive maintenance requests for repair/work orders and issues work orders.
- Assists in verifying weekly and any interim bank deposits for accuracy, comparing the ledger sheets to the Daily Reconciliation Sheets. Verifies cash count and submits to Finance
- Assists the Housing Director with the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Housing Department budgets, procurement activities and ensures the Tribe’s Financial Management Policies are in compliance
- Assists front desk as first back up in taking house payments and posting them to the correct ledger card.
- Formats and transcribes letters, memos, etc. for Housing Director and other Housing staff including routine typing and clerical work.
- Maintains all management and computer backup files for the Housing Department.
- Updates all maps, lists and forms for the Housing Department
- Prints and prepares timesheets and timecards for all Housing employees.
- Inputs data with existing Housing Department computer programs.
- Assists programs in accepting applications, verifying information for eligibility
- Prepares purchase order requests and ordering of supplies
- Submits and maintains all A/P to Finance
- Ensures that the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Housing Department’s property, equipment and vehicle inventory is maintained
- Maintains Amerind Insurance Data Base for CHS and units
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently on all required tasks without constant supervision.
- Ability to work with the public, strong communication skills is required.
- A good working knowledge of the standard computer programs which include, but are not limited word processing, spreadsheets and use of computer graphic programs.
- Ability to carry out necessary office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting.
- Experience in accounting and the fundamentals of accounting.
- Ability to understand and put into practice Housing Department policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate office machines such as faxes, copiers, printers, transcribers and multi-line telephones
- Skills in typing with minimum errors and able to proofread and correct errors.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and must be bondable.
JOB POSITION CLOSES ON MAY 8, 2021 AT 5:00 P.M.