|Program:||Housing Department||Salary Grade:||GS – 20|
|Supervisor:||Tribal Administrator||Salary Range:||$27.67 – $41.86|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Housing Director will effectively coordinate and manage all operations of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Housing Department (FPSHD) to provide housing services to the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribes service area. The Housing Director is responsible for the overall administration, implementation, coordination and management of the Housing Programs which includes but not limited to mutual help, low-rent, NAHASDA (Native American Housing and Self Determination Act) and Title VI programs as well as any other programs approved by the FPSHD and recommended by the Housing Committee and/or the Fallon Business Council (FBC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall operations and reporting of all FPSHD department objectives which include but is not limited to administration, tenant selection, construction, property management, finance, home ownership, modernization, maintenance, rental assistance, resident services, regulatory oversight, public safety and public outreach.
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities of the FPSHD which include but not limited to housing programs consistent with NAHASDA, the approved Indian Housing Plan or any other FPSHD funded programs to ensure that the goals and/or objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters, that all reporting requirements are met within the mandated timeframes and all activities to conform to all applicable Tribal, State and Federal laws.
- Oversight of all FPSHD employees and departments but not limited to completing personnel actions as outlined by FPSHD policy, establish employee performance expectations, monitor employee performance, provide guidance to insure efficient and effective service to FPSHD participants.
- Performs the functions of “Contract Officer” for the FPSHD to ensure progress on all approved FPSHD contracts, monitors activities of FHSHD contracted personnel, receives bids, and supervises all construction/modernization activities. Insures all contract activities are in compliance with all applicable Tribal, State or Federal law(s).
- Maintain a working relationship with the Housing Committee and FBC, provide regular updates on all pertinent management and development activities of the FPSHD as well as advise and make recommendations to the Housing Committee and/or FBC on all matters requiring policy determination or guidance approval. The director, or his/her designee, will also act as Secretary “ex-officio” to the Housing Committee to prepare all meeting materials, maintains appropriate minutes, files and records.
- Ensure sound fiscal management practices of all FPSHD activities in accordance with GAAP ( Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) which includes but not limited to preparation and oversight of the FPSHD budget, contracts, internal controls, segregations of duties and coordination audit requirements to insure that all FPSHD activities are consistent with approved FPSHD activities and/or approved policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for the compliance, enforcement and periodic updating of all applicable housing authority policies and regulations, including but not limited to tenant/homebuyer accounts receivables, admissions/occupancy, rental housing, construction, MEPA ( Mutual Equity Payment Account), rehabilitation, crime prevention, drug and alcohol, personnel manual and any other applicable law(s) and/or policies.
- Develop new housing opportunities which include but not limited to grant proposal development, planning and implementation of strategies to enhance revenue growth develop opportunities to diversify FPSHD portfolio to attract additional revenue and funding sources for housing improvements and/or housing development.
- Direct and coordinate the conveyance of existing Mutual Help units to eligible homeowners.
- Responsible for the Tribal Employment Right Program (TERO), a Tribal ordinance designed to enhance and enforce job opportunities for federal contract for the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe
- Coordinate and collect TERO fees of 2% of each project where applicable
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Native American Housing Assistance and Self-Determination Act
(NAHASDA) and its regulations; knowledgeable with requirements and all program opportunity related activities including rental housing, construction, homebuyer programs, rehabilitation and crime prevention services. Other major topics include the Indian Housing Block Grant (IHBG) Formula, eligible program participants, income verifications, other federal requirements, financial management and program administration.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and/or university with an emphasis on Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, Planning, Public Administration or related field AND three (3) years of Administrative Management experience in an Indian Affiliated Organization or a Public Housing Authority; OR
- Combination of education, housing management certification and program experience which includes five (5) years supervisory experience managing and implementing a Tribal or Public Housing Program.
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.