|Program:||Human Resources||Salary Grade:||GS – 15|
|Supervisor:||Human Resources Director||Salary Range:||$23.14 – $27.63|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
This position is an integral part of the Human Resources (HR) function and assists the HR Manager in providing a wide variety of HR services to employees and management. The position works with personal and private information and records requiring complete confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Upon notification of a vacancy to be filled places ad on FPST website, newspapers (including Numa News), online, colleges, etc., as requested and faxes ad to designated departments, providing a copy to FPST secretary for posting with Tribal announcements.
- Receives applications and ensures they are date-stamped and filed according to position applied for.
- After closing date and HR Generalist screens applications, makes copies for HR Manager to review with department manager prior to interview and to be used in interview packet.
- Upon notification of interview dates and times, calls candidates to set appointments and prepares interview packets for panel members. Verifies availability of interview questions and notifies manager if needed.
- Upon certification, completes background checks, sets up drug test appointments, completes reference checks or drafts ads for manager to review, conduct ongoing program requirements
- Prepares and mails job offer letters and “not selected” letters to other candidates after acceptance of offer and negative drug test result, which are filed.
- Completes new hire paperwork and reviews designated sections of the personnel policies with new employees. Makes copies, orders binders and assembles new hire packet with personnel policies for new hires.
- Assists manager in following up with department directors to receive, copy, forward to Finance (along with W-4 and emergency contact form), and file signed Personnel Action Form (PAF). Complete and file all of new employee file. Ensures that acknowledgement of receipt of Handbook, equipment/key release form, and the I-9 form with accompanying documents are all filed as designated.
- Purges and shreds applications over twelve (12) months old unless they are for difficult positions to fill, scans personnel files three (3) years after separation and maintains electronic filing system by year of separation and alphabetically.
- Enters new hire information into data base or spreadsheet and provides monthly report to manager or as requested. Maintains tracking system for employment (possible applicants), benefit enrollments and un-enrollments, and other information entered into a database and included in reports.
- Notifies eligible employees to enroll in FPST health and related insurances. Assists employees with insurance questions and problems, verifies completed forms and faxes forms to respective companies.
- Prepares and submits authorized procurement requests to finance and reconciles invoices and authorized expenses, charging HR or the appropriate program for advertising or other expenses. Maintains budget files for back-up on HR program expenses.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High School diploma and four (4) years’ experience as an assistant, a minimum of two (2) years in Human Resources (HR) or Personnel Management; OR an AA in business or a related field with an emphasis in HR or Personnel and two (2) years’ experience as an assistant or in HR.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, persuasive proposal; and possess strong editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with ability to work under team concept in positive manner with supervisor, coworkers, and community.
- Ability to operate computer and knowledge of standard office software applications; attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong contributor in team environments
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record; Employees must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, must also provide a DMV printout annually for those employees who drive Tribal vehicles.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.