|Program:||Housing Department||Salary Grade:||GS – 10|
|Supervisor:||Maintenance Supervisor||Salary Range:||$16.24 – $19.39|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
This position is for performing skilled construction tasks for completing rehabilitation projects approved by the Tribal Council and U. S. Department of HUD (Housing Urban Development) described in the Indian Housing Plan; will provide general construction and rehabilitation of existing units, to include carpentry, roofing, drywall, painting, tape and texturing, foundation construction, cabinet installation, plumbing, electrical and similar items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute self-motivation to start and complete duties and assigned work and meet deadlines
- Actively participate in training.
- Work well with the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Housing Department staff and participants
- Perform work in a safe manner.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace using hand tools.
- Install structure and fixtures, such as windows, frames, flooring and trim, or hardware using carpenter’s hand and power tools.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of tools, methods and practices utilized in housing construction and rehabilitation.
- Knowledge of materials and equipment used in all phases of housing construction and rehabilitation.
- Physical strength and agility sufficient to lift fifty pounds or more and perform heavy manual labor.
- Ability to interact effectively with other FPSHD and staff, residents, agencies, businesses and the general public.
- Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Wear proper work attire and safety equipment, personal protection equipment (PPE)
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- General contracting background helpful in providing an understanding of building techniques, purchasing procedures and vendors.
- Knowledge of operating hand tools and power tools.
- Knowledge of shop math.
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/ TO APPLY.
POSITION CLOSES ON SEPTEMBER 3, 2021 AT 5:00 P.M.