|Program:||Land & Water Resources||Salary Grade:||GS19|
|Supervisor:||Land & Water Resources Director||Salary Range:||$29.31 – $35.00|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:|
This position requires the operation of heavy equipment such as bulldozer, grader, backhoe, front-end loader, water truck, excavator, etc. and performs minor maintenance on such equipment in the performance of skilled field construction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all safety protocols and procedures used to control heavy equipment
- Loads and unloads equipment from vehicles used to transport it when necessary
- Inspects equipment before and after use to ensure it is in good working order and all fluids are at the appropriate level
- Drives or controls heavy equipment to complete tasks at the specified work site
- Monitors performance and adjust settings as required to perform tasks correctly
- Tracks scheduled maintenance of equipment and notifies supervisor if maintenance is required/past due
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and skilled in the safe operation of each type of heavy equipment
- Skilled in the operation of heavy equipment
- Knowledge of minor maintenance to include, fluid checks, oil/filter changes, battery jumping, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of hand and power tools required for minor maintenance activities
- Must be willing to work long hours and/or a varying schedule, not to exceed 40 hours per week
- Ability to work extensively in outdoor environments often in uneven terrain
- Ability to frequently lift and carry to 50 pounds
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- A minimum of 8 years documented experience working on a variety of heavy equipment, specifically the equipment noted above.
- Experienced in following directions and ability to successfully completed tasks via printed blueprints, verbal instruction, etc
- Competent in the understanding of grades and how to achieve the appropriate grade levels for the project design
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record; Employees must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, must also provide a DMV printout annually for those employees who drive Tribal vehicles.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; this position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.