|Program:||Fallon Tribal Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 9|
|Supervisor:||Clinical Registered Nurse||Salary Range:||$15.31 – $18.28|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The MA assists providers and nurses with diagnostic, therapeutic procedures and facilities and coordinates patient care. The MA is required to facilitate and coordinate patient care through effective communication with providers, administrative, and technical personnel. The MA performs CLIA waved laboratory testing’s and specimen collection and processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the patient’s care and information.
- Acts as back up for the Clinical Nurse, as needed, and within the scope of practice.
- Receive medical records for scheduled patients according to appointment list. Make sure all medical information, lab and x-ray reports, or outside consultations are in the medical record.
- Room patients prior to the patient being seen by the provider.
- Assist the provider as directed.
- Perform CLIA waved laboratory tests, EKG’s and other diagnostic procedures under the direction of the provider, and within the MA scope of practice
- Carry out written or verbal orders from the provider or nurse in accordance with standards of care.
- Review medical record to assure that all orders have been carried out and all treatments, observations, and recommendations have been documented.
- Maintain a safe work environment, clean bodily fluid spills in accordance with the Clinic infection control policy, and report any communicable disease to the proper authorities.
- Return patient telephone calls, arrange follow-up visits.
- Attend Departmental meetings as assigned.
- Maintain medical/laboratory equipment in operating condition.
- Assure laboratory results are provided on a timely basis for both tests done in clinic and these sent to outside labs.
- Check controls on equipment and request calibrations from medical lab consultant on a timely basis. Maintain quality controls.
- Prepares/cleans exam and or treatment rooms according to infection control protocol.
- Informs supervisor regarding patient complaints as needed.
- Assist with writing and updating clinic protocols regarding lab procedures.
- Administers subdural, subcutaneous, and intra-muscular injections and immunizations.
- Performs venipuncture and processes bodily fluids for reference laboratory testing.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED certification
- Should have at least three (3) years clinical experience as a Medical Assistant.
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/ TO APPLY.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.