|Program:||Fallon Tribal Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 9|
|Supervisor:||Clinical Registered Nurse||Salary Range:||$16.23 – $19.38|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Choose an item.|
The MA assists providers and nurses with diagnostic, therapeutic procedures and facilities and coordinates patient care. The MA is required to facilitate and coordinate patient care through effective communication with providers, administrative, and technical personnel. The MA performs CLIA waved laboratory testing’s and specimen collection and processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the patient’s care and information.
- Acts as back up for the Clinical Nurse, as needed, and within the scope of practice.
- Receive medical records for scheduled patients according to appointment list. Make sure all medical information, lab and x-ray reports, or outside consultations are in the medical record.
- Room patients prior to the patient being seen by the provider.
- Assist the provider as directed.
- Perform CLIA waved laboratory tests, EKG’s and other diagnostic procedures under the direction of the provider, and within the MA scope of practice
- Carry out written or verbal orders from the provider or nurse in accordance with standards of care.
- Review medical record to assure that all orders have been carried out and all treatments, observations, and recommendations have been documented.
- Maintain a safe work environment, clean bodily fluid spills in accordance with the Clinic infection control policy, and report any communicable disease to the proper authorities.
- Return patient telephone calls, arrange follow-up visits.
- Attend Departmental meetings as assigned.
- Maintain medical/laboratory equipment in operating condition.
- Assure laboratory results are provided on a timely basis for both tests done in clinic and these sent to outside labs.
- Check controls on equipment and request calibrations from medical lab consultant on a timely basis. Maintain quality controls.
- Prepares/cleans exam and or treatment rooms according to infection control protocol.
- Informs supervisor regarding patient complaints as needed.
- Assist with writing and updating clinic protocols regarding lab procedures.
- Administers subdural, subcutaneous, and intra-muscular injections and immunizations.
- Performs venipuncture and processes bodily fluids for reference laboratory testing.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED certification
- Should have at least three (3) years clinical experience as a Medical Assistant.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES COMPLIANCE WITH THE INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION ACT PUBLIC LAW 101-630; 25 CODE of FEDERAL REGULATIONS PART 63 – INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION; CRIME CONTROL ACT OF 1990, EMPLOYEE BACKGROUND CHECKS; and EXECUTIVE ORDER 12968, ADJUDICATIVE GUIDELINES AND THEREFORE MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE START EMPLOYMENT.
- This position requires that the candidate be a mandated reporter.
- Medical Assistant certification
- Knowledge of medical/dental office functions and ability to work with health providers in relation to patient health problems and needs preferred.
- Knowledge of laboratory and x-ray procedures and equipment, or any combination of experience, training, or other preparation which would indicate possession of the required knowledge, abilities and skills.
- Knowledgeable in medical terminology, HIPPA law, Privacy Act and ability to maintain confidentiality of records.
- Must be able to work with American Indian people on an individual and group basis
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference: Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference: Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record: Employees who drive tribal vehicles must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License, be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, and must also provide a DMV printout annually.
Background Checks: All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations: This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.