PROGRAM: Fallon Tribal Health Center GRADE: GS-6
SUPERVISOR: Patient Registration Supervisor RANGE: $13.59 – $16.23 (hourly)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety TYPE: Regular Full-Time
The Medical Records Clerk shall maintain clinical records on each client in accordance with accepted professional standards and practices that are complete, accurately documented, readily accessible and systematically organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Files/scans external medical, laboratory, radiology, and other reports in appropriate sections of the electronic health record (EHR) within prescribed time period.
- Handles all release of information requests to and from the FTHC in a timely manner
- Provide education for all employees, professional and other, on the importance of protecting the privacy of patients and the confidentiality of records.
- Ensures that all new employees/contracted health providers complete their HIPAA and Information Systems Security Awareness (ISSA) training before accessing the FTHC’s EHR system.
- Ensures proper document disposal of paper forms after information and been verified and scanned into the EHR system and patient files.
- Serves as a backs up to patient registration with answering phones and greeting individuals as needed.
- Rotates working hours to provide for possible extended hours and/or Saturday coverage.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- The ideal candidate shall have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Experience in work processing, operating a computer terminal, EHR programs, and other office equipment is helpful, but will train.
- One (1) year of prior experience working in medical records or patient registration position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
(To perform this position, an individual must be able to perform the requirements listed below which are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Must be organized and be able to communicate effectively. Training will be provided on telephone techniques, customer relations, medical records, filing and on confidentiality and the Privacy Act.
- Candidate must be able to maintain medical information in a confidential manner.
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/ TO APPLY.