|Program:||Fallon Tribal Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 9|
|Supervisor:||Benefits Coordinator/Patient Reg. Clerk||Salary Range:||$15.31 – $18.28|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Part-Time|
The Outreach and Enrollment Specialist will work to provide outreach opportunities for community residents who lack access to healthcare and health insurance, provide enrollment and application follow-up assistance and build/strengthen enrollment collaborations with local partner organizations. The goal of this position is to increase health insurance coverage and access to quality primary health, dental, optical, and behavioral care for community residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide enrollment assistance (including but not limited to completing coverage applications, gathering required documentation and troubleshooting the enrollment process) for uninsured children and adults to access subsidized, low-cost and free health insurance programs through the health insurance marketplace, Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Conduct on-site presentations at various community and tribal events/functions in the communities served by the Health Center (Fallon, Lovelock, and Yomba Tribes), as well as making presentation to Tribal Councils, programs, committees, and other stakeholder groups.
- Provide structured patient education on health coverage, engage in follow-up conversations and offer renewal assistance for enrolled individuals.
- Distribute outreach materials to patients, community members, partner organizations, tribal entities, and businesses to build coverage option awareness.
- Develop, discover and attend tribal and community events in order to promote coverage options and the mission and services of the organization.
- Collaborate with various local organizations to build awareness of coverage options, spur enrollment, and build referral linkages.
- Attend and successfully complete all required training programs and participate in ongoing conference calls, webinars, and other professional development opportunities.
- Accurately provide required reporting to track goal achievement and client satisfaction.
- Recruit and utilize volunteers to increase program capacity.
- Assist in the development and implementation of organizational outreach and enrollment initiatives.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups and actively engage the general public in outreach situations.
- Ability to interact respectfully with diverse cultural and socio-economic populations.
- Knowledge of the HHS/CMS infrastructure, health insurance programs and public coverage options.
- Ability to effectively develop and nurture relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, coordinate multiple tasks, and enthusiastically communicate with enrollees.
- Strong computer skills with proficiencies in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, internet-based applications and the Microsoft operating system.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate’s degree program in public health, health education, communications or related program or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION ON FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/
POSITION CLOSES ON MAY 16, 2021 AT 5:00 P.M.