|Program:||Fallon Tribal Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 6|
|Supervisor:||Patient Registration Supervisor||Salary Range:||$13.59 – $16.23|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Patient Registration Clerk is responsible for obtaining accurate patient records by interviewing patients to obtain identifying, demographic and insurance information for input into the RPMS. This position will include billing responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- New patients registered, check eligibility daily, commercial and Medicaid and Medicare
- All patients must be registered in the RPMS Patient Registration application before care is rendered; with the exception of emergency services. On subsequent encounters, each patient’s demographic and third party information must be updated for each and every patient every visit.
- Interview Health Center patients to obtain and process demographic and insurance information for patient registration, contract care and the Health Center computerized billing systems.
- Updates patient registration in the EMR System on each patient visit; works closely with Medical Records, Dental, Optometry, Psychology and the Billing Office to provide them with updated information.
- Routes the FTHC Medical Department of patients signing in as a drop in or if the patient has an appointment.
- Assesses alternate resource status of clients and refers them to the Benefits Coordinator.
- Assures adherence to the Federal Privacy Act, HIPAA and Freedom of Information Act.
- Verifies the patient’s insurance by calling or using the EVES system.
- Review daily, Patient Registration Error Report, daily appointment list for eligibility via EVES
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Candidate must have a High School Diploma or GED certification.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Familiarity with computers, demonstrated by two or more computer courses or at least one (1) year work experience.
- Practical knowledge of standard medical procedures and terminology.
- At least one (1) years’ experience in a medical office (either in-patient or out-patient) facility as Patient Registrations is preferred.
- Have knowledge of the HIPAA law and Privacy Act and is able to maintain records in a confidential manner.
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/ TO APPLY.
POSITION CLOSES NOVEMBER 7, 2021.