|Program:||Fallon Tribal Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS-12|
|Supervisor:||Associate Director – Business Services||Salary Range:||$19.38 – $23.14|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Full Time|
The Patient Registration Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the patient registration clerks and front desk receptionist. Duties include overseeing and conducting patient registrations, employee guidance, orientation of new employees and ongoing staff training. This position will include customer service training responsibilities as well as ensuring patient satisfaction is being met. The position will ensure all required patient information is accurately collected by Patient Registration for all patients and Health Center programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain accurate and up to date registration information for all patients who present for health services and ensure that all other staff involved with the collection of patient registration information comply with proper registration procedures.
- Ensures that patient registration clerks identify all new or inactive patients, check and verify eligibility for FTHC services, and identify the appropriate insurance (private, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.) that are scheduled for the next business day.
- Responsible for ensuring each patient is interviewed to obtain and process demographic and insurance information for patient registration, purchased/referred care, pharmacy, and the billing and coding office.
- Works closely with FTHC programs, staff, and providers to ensure they are provided with a patient’s most current information.
- Responsible for creating, updating and maintaining procedures related to registration operations. Collaborates with other personnel and programs on a regular basis to ensure procedures are followed.
- Ensures staff assists patients to complete and update forms for the Patient Registration system by obtaining pertinent patient registration information through interview, electronic, or mailed correspondence prior to receiving services; when possible, input data simultaneously during the interview and serve as a back-up registration clerk when needed.
- Manage the Health Center front desk and its personnel and holds receptionists accountable to strong customer service standards
- Responsible for adequate staffing and coverage for patient registration and the front desk as needed; coordinates with the supervisor in development of a lunch-time coverage schedule.
- Assesses alternate resource status of clients and refers them to the Benefits Office.
- Assures adherence to the Federal Privacy Act, HIPAA and Freedom of Information Act.
- Ability to resolve problem situations appropriately and independently.
- Communicate any unusual or significant issues with the supervisor and other management personnel that may be affected.
- Review daily the Patient Registration Error Report.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal to work with patients and department staff.
- Familiarity with computers and EHR programs.
- Practical knowledge of standard medical procedures and terminology.
- Have knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance eligibility requirements.
- Have knowledge of the HIPAA law and Privacy Act and is able to maintain records in a confidential manner.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to deal effectively and courteously with patients and co-workers
- Skill in customer service principles to deal with patient concerns.
- Ability to communicate clearly in person, through email and on the phone and establish/maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, staff and other visitors.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- High school diploma or GED required. Certification or degree from an accredited medical program is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in customer service setting. Previous supervisory/management experience within the medical field.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference: Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference: Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record: Employees who drive tribal vehicles must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License, be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, and must also provide a DMV printout annually.
Background Checks: All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations: This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.