PROGRAM: Fallon Tribal Health Center GRADE: GS-9
SUPERVISOR: Associate Director – Business Services RANGE: $16.23 – $19.38 (hourly)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety TYPE: Regular Full-Time
Serves as a patient/client’s primary point of contact with the Fallon Tribal Health Center (FTHC) for handling appointment requests, scheduling appointments, making reminder and follow-up calls to patients and providing accurate information to patients/clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer incoming phone calls to the patient scheduling line and transferred calls, as well as making outbound phone calls, gathering information to route appropriately.
- Schedule appointments (initial, follow-up, walk-in) via phone or via electronic correspondence for all medical/healthcare providers and services within the main FTHC facility.
- Schedules patients/clients based on issues such as rooms and time commitments needed; provider schedules; type of procedure or visit.
- Ensures there is enough time between appointments to allow physicians to complete certain medical examinations and procedures
- Cancel and reschedule appointments; promptly notify appropriate personnel of cancellations.
- Clearly document patient requests that require follow-up from the FTHC personnel and route those requests appropriately.
- Calling patients and arranging appointments for patients who have been discharged from the hospital after an inpatient stay and/or patients who have been in an emergency room (upon notification to the FTHC); and patients who have missed medically necessary visits.
- Provide appointment reminders through phone, text, or email.
- Other job duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent with a preference for Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a business, healthcare, or related field.
- One (1) year of previous experience working in an office or customer service environment with a preference for prior experience working in a healthcare setting, scheduling patients, and/or coordinating multiple activities in an office setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
(To perform this position, an individual must be able to perform the requirements listed below which are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and FTHC policies.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to plan, be organized, and work well under pressure, take initiative, and be flexible
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and company records.
- Ability to exhibit good interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in various PC applications, including E-mail, Microsoft Excel, and Word, Internet and networking
- Demonstrated ability to learn EHR and follow instructions in that system
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe (FPST) and Native American/Indian Preference: Employment preferences to members of the FPST and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the FPST’s Personnel Policies. Individuals wishing to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference: Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the FPST’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The FPST does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace: The FPST is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug tests.
Driving Record: Employees who drive FPST vehicles must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License, be insurable under the FPST’s vehicle insurance program, and must also provide a DMV printout annually.
Background Checks: All employees must be able to pass a background check per the FPST’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations: This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change as the needs of the FPST and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.