|FALLON PAIUTE-SHOSHONE TRIBE
OFFICIAL TRIBAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
PHYSICAL FITNESS ASSISTANT
|Program:||Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 7|
|Supervisor:||Diabetes Coordinator||Salary Range:||$13.60 – $16.24|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Less than Part-Time|
The goal is to provide assistance to the Personal Trainer by assisting with strength-building, improve cardio-vascular health, and weight loss/gain in a professional manner for the general community as well as people with health issues in a clean, safe facility that allows community members to concentrate on physical fitness. Under the supervision of the Diabetes Coordinator and the Physical Fitness Trainer, the Physical Fitness Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the daily operation of the Fitness Center which will include the care and upkeep of the Fitness Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In the absence of the Physical Fitness Trainer, the Physical Fitness Assistant will be responsible for orientation to the Fitness Center Program and tours as necessary.
- In the absence of the Physical Fitness Trainer, the Physical Fitness Assistant will be responsible for orientation of and enforcing the rules and maintenance of regulations for facility use.
- Responsible for supervising and assisting clients in the safe and positive use of all exercise machines under direction of the Personal Trainer.
- To assist the Physical Fitness Trainer in the safe removal of clients in the event of an emergency episode, (i.e. fire, earthquake, flood, physical threat or bomb).
- Will be required to clean all areas of the Fitness Center.
- Will attend all required training sessions related to position.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable concerning physical fitness programs and equipment.
- Must have good communication, organization and customer service skills.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and take the initiative to complete all tasks.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and follow-through on all assignments.
- Must be certified within the first 90 days of employment in CPR, BCLS, First Aid and AED usage. All certifications must be renewed as required.
- Familiar with HIPPA.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Physical Fitness program experience desired but not required.
- Must be willing to train and obtain certification as a Physical Fitness Trainer within one year of date of hire.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES COMPLIANCE WITH THE INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION ACT PUBLIC LAW 101-630; 25 CODE of FEDERAL REGULATIONS PART 63 – INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION; CRIME CONTROL ACT OF 1990, EMPLOYEE BACKGROUND CHECKS; and EXECUTIVE ORDER 12968, ADJUDICATIVE GUIDELINES AND THEREFORE MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE START EMPLOYMENT.
- This position requires that the candidate be a mandated reporter.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; this position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.
EMPLOYEE RECEIPT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I have received a copy of this approved position description. I have read this position description (or had it read to me), and I understand all my job duties and responsibilities. I further understand that my duties may change on a temporary or regular basis according to the needs of the Tribe without it being specifically included in the position description. I will be notified of these changes in writing and have an opportunity to ask any questions with my immediate supervisor or Human Resources. I understand that all evaluations and any pay increases will be based on my ability to perform the duties outlined in this position description. I have discussed any questions I may have about this position description prior to signing this form.
Employee Signature: Date:
Witness Signature: Date:
This acknowledgment will be placed in the employee’s personnel file.