|Program:||Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 10|
|Supervisor:||Diabetes Coordinator||Salary Range:||$16.34 – $19.39|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Part-Time|
The goal is to provide strength-building, improve cardio-vascular health, and weight loss/gain activities in a professional manner for the general community as well as people with health issues in a clean, safe facility that allows community members to concentrate on physical fitness. Under the supervision of the Diabetes Coordinator, the Physical Fitness Trainer
will be responsible for assisting in the daily operation of the Fitness Center which will include the care and upkeep of the Fitness Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for orientation to the Fitness Center program (Nautilus/Facility) and tours as necessary.
- Responsible for orientation of and enforcing the rules and maintenance of regulations for facility use.
- Responsible for monitoring equipment and center for necessary maintenance.
- Responsible for supervising and assisting clients in the safe and positive use of all exercise machines.
- Responsible for the safe removal of clients in event of an emergency episode, (i.e. fire, earthquake, physical threat, bomb).
- Will be required to clean all areas of the Fitness Center.
- Will be required to attend training sessions related to position.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have good communication and organization skills
- Must be able to work with the public.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and take the initiative to complete all tasks.
- Shall pass courses in CPR and First Aid annually.
- Must be certified within the first 90 days of employment in CPR, BCLS, First Aid and Oxygen Therapy Administration.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Certifications or near certification as an Aerobics Instructor or Personal Trainer is desired but not required, must be willing to train and obtain certification.
- Must be certified within one (1) year from date of hire.
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/ TO APPLY.
POSITION CLOSES ON JULY 22, 2021 AT 5:00 P.M.