PROGRAM: Fallon Tribal Health Center GRADE: GS-10
SUPERVISOR: Associate Director – Business Services RANGE: $17.22 – $20.56
FLSA STATUS: Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety TYPE: Regular Full-Time
The Procurement Coordinator is responsible for the management of the centralized procurement function of the Fallon Tribal Health Center and is responsible for planning and coordinating the procurement of supplies, materials, equipment, technical consulting services, and professional-consultant for all aspects of the Fallon Tribal Health Center. The Procurement Coordinator ensures that all purchases comply with applicable Tribal and funding agency requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the accurate entry, proofing, maintenance and submission of procurement requests based on demand and use, stock replenishment and management direction.
- Receives and processes approved procurement requisitions. Process approved requisitions in compliance with established policies and procedures and applicable requirements.
- Receive and review requisitions to verify calculations, accuracy, proper authorization, budget codes, account balances, and ensure proper backup documentation is received.
- Place orders from approved requisitions and coordinate order confirmations from suppliers. Resolve changes and discrepancies, and notify management and Finance of any changes/discrepancies from approved requisitions.
- Obtains bids, quotes, and estimates for supplies, materials, and advertisements. Coordinates the placement of supply and RFP advertisements with media outlets.
- Communicate with vendors when necessary to assure prompt delivery and accuracy of orders; and research and answer questions for all departments regarding procurement orders.
- Organizes vendor files containing contact information, delivery, cost, and other information that supports ordering. Accesses existing data files and prepares lists of vendors, professional associations, advertising sources, and other categories to support the purchasing process.
- Participates in year-end process of ensuring procurement orders are charged to correct fiscal year to maintain correct budget controls.
- Answer telephone calls; handles visitors; receives and relays messages; handles requests for information and assistance. Makes copies and distributes to departments and others as required.
- Maintains accounting records of purchases, assigns inventory numbers to items, and monitors inventory and stock control record.
- Conducts regular inventory of supplies, with emphasis on clinical items, and reviews inventory control records and reports. Compiles and maintains an inventory database and prepares requests for replenishing supplies.
- Receives all orders on behalf of the Fallon Tribal Health Center and loads and unloads stock supplies in coordination with the FTHC’s Environmental Services Program.
- Monitor budget reports to ensure adequate funds are available for procurement requests and make recommendations for budget adjustments and modifications based on historical use and projected upcoming supply needs.
- Responsible for shipping, receiving, and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
(To perform this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements, below, are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions)
- Basic knowledge of the methods and procedures used in the purchasing of supplies and equipment.
- Use of computers and software to access and enter information onto established data entry screens, format and produce documents, and look-up information stored on databases or internet.
- Data entry requirements for automated purchasing systems.
- Sufficient math skills to compute sums, extensions, fractions, and percentages.
- Know and understand purchase order systems sufficient to create purchase orders, check requests, and credit card request requests and requisitions.
- Modern office methods, practices and equipment pertinent to purchasing.
- Sufficient writing skills to prepare routine correspondence.
- Plan and prioritize work to meet schedules and timelines.
- Use a business computer to access and enter information onto established data entry screens, format and produce typewritten documents, and lookup information stored on databases or internet.
- Learn and interpret rules, policies and procedures affecting procurement operations.
- Administrative and clerical duties utilizing initiative, problem solving analysis techniques, good judgement and confidentiality
- Must be able to maintain the utmost level of confidentiality, including a familiarity with HIPAA.
- High School Diploma required.
- Degree/Certification through a community college, trade, or correspondence school in an accounting or business field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related experience in procurement or inventory management.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) desirable.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference: Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference: Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record: Employees who drive tribal vehicles must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License, be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, and must also provide a DMV printout annually.
Background Checks: All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations: This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.