|Program:||Fallon Tribal Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 6|
|Supervisor:||Associate Director – Business Services||Salary Range:||$13.59 – $20.56|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt X Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Choose an item.|
The Procurement & Property Clerk is responsible for purchasing supplies including but not limited to medical, dental, optical, office and facility supplies, inventory & property management, facilities maintenance. The position will be responsible for quote acquirements, vendor and contract management based on procurement policies and procedures in accordance to grantors and federal, state, local, and tribal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for shipping and receiving using United Post Office (UPS), USPS, FedEx, DHL. Takes cares of the outgoing mail, and picks up mail.
- Interface with health center personnel to plan and prioritize purchasing activities.
- Prepare procurement requisitions and obtain necessary administrative approvals.
- Transmit and prioritize approved purchase orders, checks, and credit card authorizations, and supporting documents to vendors.
- Track order acknowledgement, prepare and communicate shortage and backlog reports, and provide visibility of potential interruptions to requestors.
- Schedule deliveries/ expedite deliveries and resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, & other problems.
- Receive and distribute all delivered supplies to respective departments/locations.
- Review, update, and maintain procurement orders until they are closed.
- Maintain proper records of packing slips and link them with respective purchase orders prior to forwarding them to the Finance Department.
- Regularly run price comparisons to ensure cost-savings in products and services obtained.
- Maintain records of inventory of all locations including but not limited to medical, dental, optical, wellness center, behavioral health, fixed assets, etc.
- Monitors and maintain current inventory levels to ensure no interruption of patient-provided services; maintains database, performs physical count of inventory, and reconciles actual count to computer-generated reports.
- Conduct annual inventory and inspection of fixed assets and durable equipment of the Health Center.
- Act as the single point of contact between the Health Center and the external vendors.
- Maintain standardized process of screening and registering new businesses as health center vendor(s).
- Work with Finance Department to ensure a current inventory of property and assets is maintained for internal records and insurance purposes, including properly recording and tagging all tribal/grant items.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have excellent oral and written communication, organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Must be able to present information regarding quotes, prices, contracts and specifications on bids for projects or equipment.
- Must be able to procure supplies, equipment, services and furnishings from government and nongovernmental sources through new contracts, competitive bids or existing government or commercial/private sources.
- Must be able to maintain the utmost level of confidentiality, including a familiarity with HIPAA.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- High School Diploma required. Associate degree in Business Management or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years purchasing experience is required.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience using word processing and spreadsheet software.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference: Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference: Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record: Employees who drive tribal vehicles must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License, be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, and must also provide a DMV printout annually.
Background Checks: All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations: This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.