|Program:||Housing Department||Salary Grade:||GS – 17|
|Supervisor:||Housing Director||Salary Range:||$26.04 – $31.09|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Program Development Manager reports to and assists the Housing Director; assists the Housing Director with planning and coordinating new construction, modernization and maintenance programs for the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Housing Department. The Program Development Manager shall coordinate with field workers such as subcontractors, Force Account Employees and maintenance staff to plan and coordinate in new development and modernization projects(s). This position requires a working knowledge of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations as it pertains to the Housing Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and Coordinates all construction, modernization and development activities for the Housing Department.
- Responsible for the compliance of any necessary environmental assessments required by the granting authority.
- Become familiar with the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe’s procurement, financial and management policy and will be purchasing goods and services.
- Updates departmental operating policy and procedures to ensure that the Housing Department activities are within federal, state and local law, regulations, policies and procedures. This will include land issues and working with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Branch of Realty and other Tribal departments.
- Assists in the planning of projects, annual operating budgets for planning and coordination of new development. Must be able to understand budget requirements on all remodel/renovation projects and stay within budget.
- Prepares bid documents for development, modernization, maintenance and insurance burnout projects.
- Will be responsible for the inspection of homes which includes roof, basement, heating system, water heater, air-conditioning system, structure, plumbing, electrical and other aspects of the home looking for improper building practices, those items that require extensive repairs, items that are general maintenance issues as well as fire and safety issues.
- Conduct inspections of all renovation/remodeling or new development projects and will provide written reports to the Housing Director, note effects to the punch list for completion prior to closing a project, when second inspection is conducted ensure that the defects have been corrected.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Housing Authority when reporting on the progress of any projects under management.
- Ensures that all construction and repairs are completed to the universal building, electrical and plumbing codes.
- Provides daily reports on all projects.
- Prepares all construction bid packets with scope of work, drawings and timelines.
- Ensures that all change orders are properly completed prior to the approval of the Housing Director.
- Reviews all requests for payments made by the contractors and inspects all work prior to payment prior to the submission to the Housing Director for approval.
- Adhere to a strict manner of confidentiality
- Other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment in carrying out the responsibilities of the position in a professional and businesslike manner; able to work with the public, diverse personalities and problems.
- Understanding of computer operations, software programs (Sage Timberline, MSWord Excel, Power Point, Publisher and MS Outlook) and Internet Access.
- Working knowledge of Tribal, Federal, State and local laws that pertain to Indian Housing.
- Ability to manage multiple contracts or projects, read blue prints, drawings and a clear understanding of site preparation for new construction and construction management.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- A two (2) year degree and diploma from a construction trade school or vocational institution or able to provide five (5) years’ experience in the construction field; two (2) years supervisory experience in the construction field or in similar duties and financial/managerial accounting.
- Must have certification in inspecting homes and experience in Environmental Assessments and experience in green build; ability to quote cost estimates on remodel/renovation and new construction projects.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record; Employees must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, must also provide a DMV printout annually for those employees who drive Tribal vehicles.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; this position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.