|Program:||Administration||Salary Grade:||GS – 17|
|Supervisor:||Tribal Administrator||Salary Range:||$24.57 – $29.33|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Project Manager reports to the Tribal Administrator and assists other Directors with planning and coordinating programs and projects. The Project Manager will serve as the tribe’s primary point of contact to oversee and coordinate all projects, rehabilitations, and other tasks as directed by the Tribal Administrator. The Project Manager will be responsible to oversee the General Contractor and Sub Contractors on behalf of the tribe to ensure all work is being carried out in accordance with the Contract Documents to ensure a high quality project delivered on-time and on-budget. This includes providing administrative support, record keeping, reports, project scheduling, oversight of projects, and coordination of the tribal departments and Council on behalf of the Tribal Administrator.
Please go to www.fpst.org to complete a Tribal Employment Application.
Advertisement for this position is open until filled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fleet management with maximizing the efficiency, increase productivity and improve safety for Tribal vehicles and the employee drivers. Create a vehicle tracking method, reporting on fuel consumption, monitoring of employee driver behavior and management of vehicle maintenance.
- Monitor day to day operations, incorporate, implementation and facilitate documentation for record keeping and timeline tracking for active projects.
- Assists the Tribal Administrator with planning and coordinating all program projects for the Fallon Paiute Shoshone Tribe.
- Initiate new Contracts in compliance with the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe’s Financial Management Policy.
- Assists in the planning of projects and budgeting for new projects. Must be able to understand budget requirements for all projects and stay within budget.
- Assists the Tribal Administrator with preparation of project bid documents for contracting of projects.
- Will be responsible for the inspection of work sites to ensure contract compliance and general safety enforcement.
- Will develop punch lists of completed projects prior to closing a project, when second inspection is conducted ensure that the defects have been corrected.
- Ensures that all construction and repairs are completed to the universal building, electrical and plumbing codes.
- Prepares scopes of work, materials needed, cost estimates and project schedules and provide to Tribal Administrator and the Fallon Business Council.
- Assures that all materials for project are on hand before start of project.
- Reviews change order requests on contracts and makes recommendation to the Tribal Administrator and Fallon Business Council.
- Reviews all requests for payments made by the contractors and inspects work to ensure the work has been completed according to specifications prior to the submission to the Tribal Administrator for approval.
- Will meet regularly with Tribal Administrator, directors and staff on projects.
- Adhere to a strict manner of confidentiality.
- Other job related duties as assigned by Tribal Administrator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment in carrying out the responsibilities of the position in a professional and businesslike manner; able to work with the public and diverse groups.
- Will be utilizing computer software to develop all records. Use of MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook and MS Project Manager desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple contracts or projects and read blue prints.
- Ability to develop schedules and cost estimates for materials needed for projects.
- Ability to track costs of projects.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to monitor site activities during all phases of the project timeline.
- Knowledge of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations, federal and tribal contracting regulations, FPST TERO regulations, and general industry safety compliance and enforcement.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field required.
- Must have two (2) years’ experience in Project management or two (2) years’ experience in Construction management.
- Tribal Project Management or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.