resident services specialist
|Program:||Housing Department||Salary Grade:||GS – 8|
|Supervisor:||Housing Director||Salary Range:||$15.30 – 18.26|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Resident Services Specialist provides counseling services and presentation of training to the participants of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Housing Department and is the focal point of contact between the Housing Department and the tenant/homebuyer. The Resident Services Specialist will provide counseling and training in all areas of tenant/homebuyer leases, low rent maintenance and obligations under the applicable contract agreements. The Resident Services Specialist works under the direct supervision of the Housing Director who provides assignments, deadlines and priorities. Routine and recurring work is performed without continuing supervision. The Resident Services Specialist assures that all project files are completed with accuracy and complies with established Housing Department policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide tenant/homebuyers awareness of the benefits and responsibilities of participation under the Housing programs. Explains policies and procedures to clientele and assists participants in completing required forms. Advises and assists the potential tenant in understanding fully the legal responsibilities of participation in the Housing programs. Receives all housing applications and prepares written recommendations of occupancy eligibility to the Housing Director. Provides training and counseling to clientele, including budgeting, homeowner and rental responsibilities, yard maintenance and other areas, maintains waiting list.
- Maintains accurate written reports of all counseling activities, field/home visits and other contacts. Files copies of all information derived from such counseling, to instigate corrective action, with copies of reports to the Housing Director. The Resident Services Specialist will make written recommendations consistent with Housing Department policies and procedures.
- Conducts re-certifications, move-in and move-out inspections, calculations of monthly rental fees, deductions, negative rent, utility allowances, payback agreements and other Admission and Occupancy activities as assigned by the Housing Director.
- Assists with compiling and understanding various data relative to the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Housing Department. Responsible for maintaining application forms, recertification forms, income verification forms and all other documents relative to programs offered under the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Housing Department.
- Carries out public policy responsibilities. Performs duties in accordance with Housing Department rules and regulations, policies and procedures, Housing Department standards of employee responsibilities and conduct; and other guidance as directed by the Housing Director. The Resident Services Specialist will communicate with participants, other governmental agencies, social service agencies, Tribal agencies and the Housing Director on all program activities and problem areas.
- Assists with occasional meetings and training sessions in the evenings or after normal business hours, including limited weekend assignments.
- Coordinates data for background checks for potential residents
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently on all required tasks without constant supervision.
- Ability to work with the public, strong communication skills is required.
- A good working knowledge of the standard computer programs which include, but are not limited
word processing spreadsheets and use of computer graphic programs
- Ability to carry out necessary office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting.
- Experience in accounting and the fundamentals of accounting.
- Ability to understand and put into practice Housing Department policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to operate office machines such as faxes, copiers, printers, transcribers and multi-line
- Skills in typing with minimum errors and able to proofread and correct errors
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- AA Degree in a related field with a minimum of (2) two years’ experience with HUD Indian Housing Programs OR a High School Diploma or GED equivalent with five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record; Employees must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, must also provide a DMV printout annually for those employees who drive Tribal vehicles.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; this position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.