Program: Administration Salary Grade: GS – 9
Supervisor: Secretary of the Fallon Business Council Salary Range:$16.23 – $19.38
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Position Type: Regular Full-Time
The Secretary’s Administrative Assistant is under the direct supervision of the Secretary of the Fallon Business Council. This is a full-time position that provides part-time administrative support to the Secretary, and general assistance to the members of the Fallon Business Council. This is not an entry-level position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Greets, directs, and otherwise assists visitors and clients.
2. Posts agendas and other official announcements.
3. Types and files correspondence, memos, reports, statistical data, and other documents.
4. Maintains files for the Secretary.
5. Edits written material for grammatical correctness.
6. Prepares various documents for Council members’ signatures.
7. Performs complex clerical tasks.
8. Copies documents and materials for meeting agendas and packets.
9. Maintains absolute security of confidential files, materials and record-keeping systems.
10. Prepares purchase orders, supply orders, equipment orders, check requests, and credit card orders.
11. Arranges travel and itineraries for Council members including flights, lodging, etc.
12. May be asked to assist and prepare meeting minutes and/or notes.
13. Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
14. Prepares checklists and packets of the monthly program reports.
15. Tracks and updates calendars, daily schedules, and scheduling conference rooms
16. Tracks office supplies including copier paper, letterhead, envelopes
17. Maintains current reference lists such as phone, cell, and extension numbers, email addresses, etc.
18. Responsible for maintenance of and supplies for office equipment
19. Lends clerical support to Tribal staff as needed and as other duties allow
20. Other job duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Must have an Associate’s degree or two (2) years college credits in an office management or business related field, and two (2) years professional work experience in an administrative or clerical field; or
2. Four (4) years professional experience in an administrative or clerical field.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
1. Must have knowledge and experience of general office procedures.
2. Must have competent oral and written communications skills.
3. Must be competent with computers
4. Must be able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record; Employees must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, must also provide a DMV printout annually for those employees who drive Tribal vehicles.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; this position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.
Position OPEN FOR 10 DAYS