PROGRAM: Stillwater Tribal Senior Center GRADE: GS-6
SUPERVISOR: Senior Center Cook RANGE: $13.59 – $16.23
FLSA STATUS: Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety TYPE: Part-Time
This position prepares and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks as per a pre-existing menu based on applicable nutritional guidelines for the homebound and congregate meal programs at Senior Center and assists in the maintenance, sanitation and cleanliness of the kitchen and related facilities and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with food preparation according to a pre-planned menu, food service and tray line service.
- In the absence of the Senior Center Cook, assumes full responsibility for cooking, serving pre-planned meals, record keeping and the supervision of kitchen staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Assists in the inventory and proper maintenance of food storage areas; dating all food items in the storage room; and unpacking, labeling, storing and rotating of food and disposables.
- Assists in the maintenance, cleanliness and sanitization of refrigeration/freezer units, warming and cooling units, beverage dispensers, dining room tables, cupboards, shelves/racks, work surfaces, cooking equipment, dishes, utensils, appliances and storage areas.
- Reports appliance/equipment failure to the Senior Center Cook in a timely manner
- Participate in menu planning and develop food purchase orders, submit orders on time.
- Receive purchased food, confirm order with delivered goods; inspect quality and quantity and approve.
- Conduct monthly Physical Food Inventory, and oversee proper storage and dating of received food.
- Coordinate activities of staff engaged in food preparation, meal service, packaging, and clean up.
- Responsible for safe handling and proper temperature control of prepared foods, food storage areas, refrigerators and freezers.
- Other job duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum high graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience cooking for large groups of people, preferably in a senior/community center or school setting.
- Have current Food Handlers card and SafeServ certificate (or obtain one within 30 days of hiring) and maintain such certification.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR, First Aid, and AED or BLS certification within 3 months of hire and maintain such.
- This position requires compliance with the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act (Public Law 101-630); Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention regulations (25 CFR Part 63); Employee Background Checks (Crime Control Act of 1990); and Adjudicative Guidelines (Executive Order 12968) and therefore must successfully complete an extensive background check before the start of employment with the Tribe.
- Act as an approved Mandatory Reporter of suspected incidents of child/elder abuse or neglect.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
(To perform this position, an individual must be able to perform the requirements listed below which are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Cooking for large groups of people and training in nutrition.
- Ability to assist in menu implementation through proper and accurate ordering of supplies.
- Knowledge of the use and care of basic kitchen equipment.
- Knowledge of Food Program Requirements, ability to judge food quality, knowledge of quantity food buying and cooking, use of different types of kitchens utensils and equipment.
- Evidence of no pulmonary T.B.; Evidence of Hepatitis immunization and COVID-19 vaccination.
- Demonstrated ability to follow federal nutrition program guidelines and to plan and implement a senior nutrition program that is compliant with federal grant management guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Native American people in culturally diverse environments; knowledge of/respect for Fallon Tribal traditions and values; heartfelt commitment to the health and welfare of Tribal and other elders.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and safeguard the privacy of elders.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less.
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/ TO APPLY.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.