SENIOR CENTER driver
PROGRAM: Stillwater Tribal Senior Center GRADE: GS-6
SUPERVISOR: Senior Center Activities Facilitator RANGE: $13.59 – $16.23 (hourly)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety TYPE: Choose an item.
This position is responsible for the safe transport of elderly and disabled individual to and from their homes for meals and activities at the Senior Center and for local medical appointments, as well as for the safe and timely transportation of meals, supplies, and medications/prescriptions to homebound individuals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates the program’s vehicles, including wheelchair accessible vehicles, to transport participants to/from their homes to and from the senior center, health center, and for events and appointments.
- Provides transportation for meal services, senior activities, field trips, and other related functions.
- Assists participants to and from the vehicle in a safe manner.
- Responsible for the safe transport of meals following all food safety principles to eligible homebound meal participants and maintain required schedule.
- Accurately pack cold food transport containers with cold food, beverages and ice packs; and upon return to kitchen, unload van and place all equipment in appropriate storage areas.
- Reports any special situations in the participant’s home or during routes to the Community Health Nurse and other appropriate personnel as soon as practicable.
- Cleans and disinfects vehicles on a daily basis. Washes vehicles as needed. Utilizes a pre-trip checklist to ensure vehicles operate safely and effectively.
- Assist with cleaning of the facility and meal preparation as necessary.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One (1) year of experience working in a transportation discipline required, preferably working directly with a frail or elderly population.
- Current Nevada Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement (or ability and willingness to train and obtain one) and accident-free driving record with no moving violations within the last three (3) years.
- Have current Food Handlers card and SafeServ certificate (or obtain one within 30 days of hiring) and maintain such certification.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR, First Aid, and AED or BLS certification within 3 months of hire and maintain such.
- This position requires compliance with the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act (Public Law 101-630); Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention regulations (25 CFR Part 63); Employee Background Checks (Crime Control Act of 1990); and Adjudicative Guidelines (Executive Order 12968) and therefore must successfully complete an extensive background check before the start of employment with the Tribe.
- Act as an approved Mandatory Reporter of suspected incidents of child/elder abuse or neglect.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
(To perform this position, an individual must be able to perform the requirements listed below which are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Ability and interest to work with and provide personal care and assistance to frail, elderly, and disabled adults to enhance and encourage their independence.
- Ability to operate vehicles with patience and skill. Ability to drive defensively, responsibly, and safely.
- Ability to follow all applicable traffic laws and requirements.
- Ability to utilize smart phones and tablets to access and utilize transportation software.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and to act with tact, integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement in response to emergencies and unusual occurrences.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair minor vehicle issues.
- Physical abilities sufficient to operate a motor vehicle for extended periods of time, enter/exit a motor vehicle repeatedly throughout the workday, and assist elderly/frail/disabled participants with boarding/exiting transportation vehicles. Work also involves climbing, bending, kneeling, twisting, reaching, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, and relocating 50 lbs.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Evidence of no pulmonary T.B.; Evidence of Hepatitis immunization and COVID-19 vaccination.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe (FPST) and Native American/Indian Preference: Employment preferences to members of the FPST and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the FPST’s Personnel Policies. Individuals wishing to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference: Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the FPST’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The FPST does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace: The FPST is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug tests.
Driving Record: Employees who drive FPST vehicles must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License, be insurable under the FPST’s vehicle insurance program, and must also provide a DMV printout annually.
Background Checks: All employees must be able to pass a background check per the FPST’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations: This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change as the needs of the FPST and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.
POSITION WILL REMAIN POSTED UNTIL FILLED