|Supervisor:||AS ASSIGNED||Salary Range:||$10.11|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Seasonal/Intermittent|
The Youth Worker will perform duties as directed to assist in accomplishing program goals and objectives. Gains work experience in a field of interest and participates in career development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in a Tribal department based on field of interest. Department work sites vary in the scope of work including clerical, physical labor, or administrative assistance. Work independently at times, complete tasks accurately, timely and thoroughly.
- Build work skills with good attendance, cooperative attitude, and work initiative.
- Demonstrate interest in work assignments, use good judgment, accept supervision/criticism, desire mastery of job skills, and adapt to new ideas.
- Prepare notes and submit to appropriate supervisor.
- Learn aspects of the Paiute/Shoshone culture including history, language, current events and issues.
- Assist in program management, such as filing and/or special projects. Operate common office machines, such as fax machine, copier, shredder and phone system.
- Develop leadership skills by learning technical aspects of Tribal government and may be requested to research a specific topic.
- Maintain a safe work place by following safety rules and reporting unsafe work conditions.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
Education & Experience:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited school or be a current year High School Graduate
- 2.0 GPA or better on final progress report will have preference
Knowledge, skills and Abilities:
- Must have some knowledge of computer programs and familiarity with the internet
- Strong oral and communication skills are needed
- Must be able to take and follow instructions.
- Have pleasant demeanor and good public relations and customer service skills.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to prioritize
- Willing to learn aspects of Tribal Government for valuable work experience
- Must have desire to contribute to the community.
- Must be dependable.
- Show demonstrative interest in work assignments, use good judgement and respect Tribal property.
- Must be Age 14-18 years of age
- Must work cooperatively with Supervisor, other Youth Workers, Tribal staff and general public
- Must maintain a Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) Daily Activity Log
PLEASE COMPLETE A TRIBAL APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/
POSITION CLOSES JULY 2, 2021 AT 5:00 P.M.