|Program:||Transportation Department||Salary Grade:||GS – 6|
|Supervisor:||Public Works Director||Salary Range:||$13.59 – $16.23|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Full Time|
Provide safe and dependable transportation to the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Colony and Reservation. Be familiar with the local geographic area. Assist frail and disabled patrons as necessary in the boarding of the vehicle, safety belt fastening and disembarking the vehicle. Be familiar with the use of vehicle wheelchair lift and hold down restraints. Be familiar with and comply with all emergency procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide transportation within the geographic area and hours of operation.
- Maintain patron confidentiality.
- Work cooperatively with dispatcher in establishing vehicle routing.
- Be aware that passengers should wear seat belts in accordance with regulations.
- Enforce all established onboard vehicle procedures.
- Prepare accident and incident reports as needed.
- Comply with NDOT in-service training. Drivers must pass “Customer Service”, “ADA Passenger Techniques and Safety”, “Defensive Driving”, “Substance Abuse Prevention”, “CPR/First Aid”, and “Blood Borne Pathogens” training.
- Monitor vehicle safety equipment and report any discrepancies.
- Check rubber brake lines at wheels weekly.
- Check Master Cylinder brake fluid level weekly.
- Cycle wheel chair lift daily and operate manually once every forty-two (42) days.
- Perform rear brake adjustment maneuver once a month.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness.
- Assist frail/disabled rider as necessary in boarding, fastening seat belts, disembarking and ambulating to destination.
- Employee must report to Management any/all driving record violation(s).
- Must comply with all Federal Transit Administration Drug and Alcohol Program Regulations.
- Other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Position is primarily driving assigned vehicles, duration normally no longer than two (2) hours per trip.
- Kneeling and bending is required to install wheelchair hold down restrains and to secure wheelchairs.
- Some physical effort is required in assisting disabled patrons and assisting riders in the event of an emergency evacuation.
- Detail cleaning of vehicles.
Licenses & Certificates/Other Requirements:
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES COMPLIANCE WITH THE INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION ACT PUBLIC LAW 101-630; 25 CODE of FEDERAL REGULATIONS PART 63 – INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION; CRIME CONTROL ACT OF 1990, EMPLOYEE BACKGROUND CHECKS; and EXECUTIVE ORDER 12968, ADJUDICATIVE GUIDELINES AND THEREFORE MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE START EMPLOYMENT.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, clean DMV record.
- Larger bus requires driver to hold a current Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement.
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.