Tribal Administrator ASSISTANT
|Supervisor:||Tribal Administrator||Salary Range:||$17.23|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Tribal Administrator (T.A.) Assistant is under the direct supervision of the Tribal Administrator of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe. This is a full-time position that provides administrative support to the Tribal Administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages Tribal Administrator (T.A.)’s schedule, calendar, appointments, and/or meetings.
- Practices excellent customer service skills when dealing with corporations and businesses on behalf of T.A. and FPST as a whole.
- Provides and maintains designated communication and correspondence for the T.A.
- Schedules meetings and appointments.
- Maintains files, memos, reports, and various documents.
- Greets, directs, and otherwise assists visitors and clients.
- Maintains absolute privacy, discretion, and security of confidential files, materials, and record-keeping systems.
- Collaborates and communicates with various departments and staff for/on behalf of T.A. when necessary.
- Performs complex clerical tasks.
- Proofreads and edits all documents and public notices for grammatical errors.
- Coordinates all necessary travel itinerary for T.A. including lodging, transportation, etc.
- Prepares documentation, including purchase orders, supply orders, check requests, on behalf of the T.A.
- Provides assistance with program and community outreach and notifications in print and electronic media.
- Works independently.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor at all times while also working diplomatically, efficiently, and effectively with management, staff, and public.
- Other job-related tasks deemed essential by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have an Associate’s Degree or two (2) years college credits in an office management or business related field, and two (2) years professional work experience in an administrative or clerical field; or four (4) years professional experience in an administrative or clerical field.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Must have knowledge and experience of general office procedures.
- Must have ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with other members of the staff, supervisors, and the public.
- Must be competent with standard office equipment, computer and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Ability to demonstrate a maximum degree of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Ability to be tactful, diplomatic, and mature with an ability to work with a wide variety of personalities, demonstrating objectivity, respect, courtesy, maturity, and patience.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with the public especially in difficult and stressful situations.
- Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to relate well with people and to use good judgment.