|Program:||Administration||Salary Grade:||GS – 7|
|Supervisor:||Secretary of the Fallon Business Council||Salary Range:||$13.60 – $16.24|
|FLSA Status:||Non-Exempt||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Tribal Enrollment/ Administrative Assistant position is under the direct supervision of the Secretary of the Fallon Business Council. This is a full-time position that provides part-time tribal enrollment services and part-time administrative support to the Secretary, as well as to the Chairman and Tribal Administrator when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets, directs, and otherwise assists visitors and tribal members in a professional, friendly and efficient manner.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Tribal Enrollment Office; following guidelines set forth in the “Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribal Enrollment Ordinance,” the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribal Settlement Fund’s “Plan for Investment, management Administration and Expenditure” and Title 14- Election Ordinance.
- Working in partnership with the Enrollment Committee to review new enrollment application, disenrollment appeals, relinquishments, conducting needed audits on files, and updating policies and ordinances.
- Providing enrollment services to members such as: assistance with enrollment/spousal applications, membership/spousal cards, applications for tax exemptions and certifications of Indian blood.
- Develop and update tracking systems for membership/spousal cards, and tribal veterans.
- Maintaining current and accurate information utilizing the Bureau of Indian Affairs’ Individual Indian Monies (IIM) and Progeny Software Program.
- Responsible for archiving records, photos, and maps for the Enrollment, Secretary and Chairman’s office.
- Maintain confidentiality over issues related to tribal members, files, materials and record keeping systems.
- Posts Council agendas, official announcements and any other items.
- Prepares various documents for Council member’s signatures such as correspondence, memos, reports, statistical data, travel arrangements, and other documents.
- Lends clerical support to Chairman’s office and Tribal Administrator’s office, when needed.
- Inventorying, scanning, categorizing, labeling, and filing various materials.
- Answers telephone calls and routing non-routine calls to appropriate individuals at the front desk, Secretary’s Office and Chairman’s Office, when needed.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have an Associate’s Degree or two (2) years college credits in an office management or business related field, and two (2) years professional work experience in an administrative or clerical field; or
- Four (4) years’ professional experience in an administrative or clerical field.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Must have strong public services commitment and enjoy providing services to clients who have a need for basic instruction in matters associated with enrollment.
- Must possess strong computer and time management skills.
- Must be well-organized with a demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be flexible and a team player.
- Must be prompt and complete tasks promptly and thoroughly without close supervision.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, judgement, and written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Must have valid Nevada driver’s license and be insurable through the Tribe.
- Must successfully pass a background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screen.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; this position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.
Closing Time: 1/5/2022