|Program:||Victim Services||Salary Grade:||GS – 11|
|Supervisor:||Victim Services Director||Salary Range:||$18.26 – $21.81|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
Assists victims of domestic violence with the support they need to take charge of their lives and to free themselves through intervention services and safety plans. Full-time flexible hours; some evening and weekend work. This position is responsible for providing intake, investigation, assessment, safety and case management services for victims and those at risk of domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and maintain program services and activities, including but not limited to administrative support, crisis hot-line coverage and direct client services
- Provides direct client services such as domestic violence crisis intervention, peer counseling/emotional support, and refers clients to other program service staff should the situation require (i.e., legal/transitional housing etc.)
- Prepares client and case file summaries to ensure compliance with funding requirements/objectives
- Will be responsible for assisting victims with access and referral to any available support services both within the Tribe and local communities
- Coordinates with law enforcement personnel, hospital staff and social services staff as needed to ensure and effective response to client’s needs
- Develops resources in conjunction with other programs in order to arrange for emergency housing, food, clothing, short-term child care and transportation
- Refers victims to outside agencies within our surrounding community for services beyond the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe Victim Services Program’s abilities
- Responsible for effective record keeping, statistical information and reports for the program
- Maintain current records of clients served and ensure strict confidentiality of all program information
- Is required to attend mandatory trainings through the Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Must be able to work as a team, maintaining a professional attitude and respectful demeanor with clients, co-workers, and supervisors at all times
- Ensure compliance with all funding/grant requirements, goals/objectives and policies
- Collaborate with both Tribal and local agencies that provide direct client services
- Be willing to work flexible hours, emergency call-outs and rotate crisis cell phone coverage
- Other job related duties as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- AA degree in related area plus two (2) years related experience
- Must have High School Diploma or GED plus 4 years related experience, preferably in Tribal setting
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES COMPLIANCE WITH THE INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION ACT PUBLIC LAW 101-630; 25 CODE of FEDERAL REGULATIONS PART 63 – INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION; CRIME CONTROL ACT OF 1990, EMPLOYEE BACKGROUND CHECKS; and EXECUTIVE ORDER 12968, ADJUDICATIVE GUIDELINES AND THEREFORE MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE START EMPLOYMENT.
- This position requires that the candidate be a mandated reporter.
- Knowledge and experience in women’s and domestic violence issues
- Experience with tracking budget expenses and grants
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in protective services, crisis intervention, investigation techniques and case management and assessments
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to stopping domestic violence
- Demonstrated ability to work with difficult clients
- Skill and experience in program planning and meeting facilitation
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; this position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.