|Program:||Vocational Rehabilitation||Salary Grade:
|GS – 7|
|Supervisor:||Program Manager||Salary Range:
|$14.42 – $17.22|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular-Full Time|
The Vocational Rehabilitation Technical Assistant (VR TECH) is a full-time position within the Fallon Paiute Shoshone Tribe’s Vocational Rehabilitation, (FPSTVR) program. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the VR TECH will provide technical support to the VR Counselor. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, data gathering of applicant and consumer information and entering the information into the program database. The VR TECH will also provide administrative support to the Program Manager. Other responsibilities include: filing, overseeing calendar scheduling, bookkeeping, account management, meeting and conference organization, inventory control, travel arrangements, and special projects. Individual must also have the ability to answer non-routine correspondence and communicate with a diverse group of important external and internal callers and visitors. In addition, independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload. Most importantly, the VR TECH must be able to keep highly sensitive information confidential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the implementation of VR policies and procedures to insure efficient operation of the FPSTVR program.
- Responsible for applicant and consumer data gathering.
- Responsible for the processing of applicant eligibility documents.
- Responsible for consumer data collection.
- Assists Program Manager in development and implementation of task assignments, timeframes and deadlines according to Tribal and VR policy and procedures.
- Researches and prepares technical reports for review, completion, and dissemination.
- Assists in monitoring budget expenditures, and records all financial transactions in spreadsheet format provided by the Program Manager.
- Prepares inter-office, inter-departmental and external correspondence as needed for implementation of the project goals and objectives.
- Maintains files and records.
- Screens all calls routed to the Program Manager and/or VR Counselor; responds to routine calls.
- Maintains staff calendar, schedules appointments.
- Reviews and prioritizes all incoming mail and faxes, routing them to the appropriate staff member.
- Attends meetings or other forums as required, reports outcome of forum to director.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- 1. Completes all other job-related activities as requested by the Manager of Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Participates in workshops, conferences, meetings, seminars, and classes, especially in the field of vocational
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills, able to greet clients and assist them in the Voc Rehab application process, referral scheduling, job applications, resumes, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Vocational Rehabilitation principles and practices.
- Ability to learn both tribal and federal program policy and procedure as it applies to the position.
- Experience working with a wide variety of individuals.
- Proficient in the use of computers and standard software packages
- Able to travel.
Licenses & Certificates/Other Requirements:
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES COMPLIANCE WITH THE INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION ACT PUBLIC LAW 101-630; 25 CODE of FEDERAL REGULATIONS PART 63 – INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION; CRIME CONTROL ACT OF 1990, EMPLOYEE BACKGROUND CHECKS; and EXECUTIVE ORDER 12968, ADJUDICATIVE GUIDELINES AND THEREFORE MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE START EMPLOYMENT.
- This position requires that the candidate be a mandated reporter.
- Must have a valid Nevada driver’s license and be insurable through the Tribe.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Associate of Arts (AA) degree from an accredited college or university with vocational rehabilitation, or a related field preferred. OR
- At least two years’ experience in a position with duties closely related to those listed for this position with direct client services.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record; Employees must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, must also provide a DMV printout annually for those employees who drive Tribal vehicles.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; this position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.