|Program:||Stepping Stones Youth Facility||Salary Grade:||GS – 7|
|Supervisor:||Stepping Stones Manager||Salary Range:||$14.42 – $17.22|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
The Youth Care Worker will be responsible on all shifts for completing necessary assignments in order to ensure the successful operation of a co-ed emergency youth shelter for 4-17 year-old clients. Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure the overall health and safety of all youth placed in the shelter by remaining alert throughout all shifts, conducting room checks and building security checks.
- Complete vehicle maintenance and mileage forms on all shelter vehicles.
- Provide transportation as necessary, to appointments, school, extra-curricular activities, and/or counseling,
- Ensure that all serious incidents and/or damages to the facility, client or vehicle are reported to the supervisor immediately upon discovery.
- Must be able to work various shifts mainly centered around, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Accurately complete all required paperwork and forms
- Ensure that youth are administered medications in a timely and accurate manner, as per doctor’s instructions.
- Must do medication and money counts at the beginning and at the end of each shift
- Must be able to work with and maintain proper conduct of youth in an individual and/or group setting.
- Work cooperatively with caseworkers, teachers and other professional personnel in carrying out a service or treatment plan to meet the individual client’s needs.
- Initiate the intake procedures for all new admissions, including starting the admission file if necessary.
- Ensure that youth follow assigned responsibilities, which may include school, chores, homework, meals, meetings, personal cleanliness and recreation.
- Prepare and conduct activities including but not limited to life skills, prevention, culture and physical education
- Plan and carryout age appropriate outings and activities.
- Assist cook/housekeeper with cleaning of shelter facility, preparation of food, and other kitchen duties as assigned.
- Other job related duties as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Shall have knowledge of procedures for possible runaway, suicidal or aggressive behavior in youth.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making.
- Integrity and conduct shall be above reproach in that care workers serve as role models.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES COMPLIANCE WITH THE INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION ACT PUBLIC LAW 101-630; 25 CODE of FEDERAL REGULATIONS PART 63 – INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION; CRIME CONTROL ACT OF 1990, EMPLOYEE BACKGROUND CHECKS; and EXECUTIVE ORDER 12968, ADJUDICATIVE GUIDELINES AND THEREFORE MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE START EMPLOYMENT.
- This position requires that the candidate be a mandated reporter.
- High School graduate (or GED completion)
- Prefer at least 2 years’ experience working with youth in a group setting
- Minimum age is 21
- Shall pass and maintain courses in CPR, first aid, food handlers and blood borne pathogens
- Must have a TB test done annually
- Must submit a driver’s record annually
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.