Naval Air Station Fallon Public Works Department (Environmental Office) has an opening for a
Tribal Relations Coordinator, GS‐0301‐07/09/11 position, which will be filled using Direct Hire
Authority (DHA). DHA allows the Navy to directly select a highly qualified candidate. Position
will be recruited at the GS‐07, GS‐09, and GS‐11 levels and reports to the Installation
Environmental Program Director (IEPD).
TITLE/POSITION: Tribal Relations Coordinator, GS‐0301‐07/09/11
LOCATION: Naval Air Station Fallon, Nevada
TYPE OF ACTION: Permanent Hire
ANNOUCEMENT DATES: May 8 to May 21
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Serves as an open communication and coordination conduit between Native American
Tribal Governments and organizations and the U.S. Navy for Naval Air Station Fallon,
– Enhances Navy and Tribal relationships and coordinates access with the Tribes.
– Coordinates directly with Fallon Range Training Complex (FRTC) Range operators and
managers for scheduling and access. Assists in the development and implements
programs and processes to support Tribal access to areas with cultural resources within
Naval Air Station Fallon, Nevada.
– Participates and provides technical support to the installation for the development and
implementation of programs, processes, procedures, and initiatives designed to further
the relationship between the tribes and the Navy.
– Provides review of presentations, talking points, and other materials for briefings to
installation teams, supported commands, elected officials, the public, regulatory
agencies, tribal governments, the chain‐of‐command, and others as required.
– Provides support in identification of projects of joint interest to the Tribes and the
– Works closely with the installation teams to facilitate continual improvement of the
installation’s approach for tribal relations.
– Advises on strategies and actions for improving outreach and relations with Tribes.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY: Open to all United States citizens. Resume should address current
knowledge as related to responsibilities listed above.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume to designated email address: NAVFAC_SW_Jobs@navy.mil.
State in the email that your resume is for the Tribal Relations Coordinator position at Naval Air
Station Fallon, Nevada. Email MUST include Announcement Number DE‐10810161‐20‐MMR in
the subject line of the email. Web link to DHA Flyer on USA Jobs: